Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Can H Pylori cause anxiety symptoms ?

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

prider90

Can H Pylori cause anxiety symptoms ?

Post by prider90 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:11 am

new member here ! :) Hello from Romania !

28yo 65kg male with no past issues, no current meds.

3 years ago I suddenly began to feel very dizzy, stomach cramps and eventually diarheea. Went to the hospital and told me I may have salmonella. Did some tests that came back negative.
After that I started to get the 'sick' feeling and anxiety but without the stomach issues. This lasted almost 3 months. Went to another doc, did MRI s and bloodwork. Nothing found. I have this episode for the last 3 years !
This month the symptoms came back. Went to a doc again. Told me is probably anxiety. I told him that the feelings are causing me anxiety not viceversa. I began to feel better but last day got worse. Went again to the doc and asked me to do a h pylori test. I'm waiting for the result tomorrow. Can h pylori cause anxiety symptoms ?
Basically every day I feel:
-extreme nausea
-exhaustion
-sick feeling
-restlesness
I forgot to mention I do NOT have panic attacks, trouble breathing, heart palpitations or increased pulse.
ps: at night I feel absolutely normal! No troubles sleeping.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Can H Pylori cause anxiety symptoms ?

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:27 am

H. pylori can give stomach problem. and stomach problem may or may not raise anxiety.
I believe when the stomach symptom is relieved, then people are less concern about it. For example, if the symptom can be controlled by PPI, most people will just rely on PPI and move on.

But when the symptoms are not relieved, some patient tried many ways, seen many doctors, tired of problem not solved, then that can lead to frustration and ultimately anxiety. This is also observed among patients who had many antibiotic treatments and unable to kill multi drug resistant HP.

Geosynle

Post by Geosynle » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:48 pm

Your knowledge allows me to move on, no matter how much trouble.

acb

Post by acb » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:02 pm

I think it does for me. But I have other issues like fructose malabsorption that also causes depression. However I had new depressive episodes after stopping fructose and reintroduced fat and vinegar (without sugar).

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”