Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My HP Story - In Progress

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

vishrvn

My HP Story - In Progress

Post by vishrvn »

Hello everyone,

First off, thank you to all of you, the community, the experts and everyone behind this beautiful forum, you've made me stay sane :D

Background,

25 y.o Indian guy in the US of A, 'was' obese ( ~205 lbs, now down to 195 lbs), vegetarian diet, no real history of health issues
Sequence of events,

1. June 28th - Ache on the left side of my body, right below the ribs, almost on the flank edge --> Panic attack drives me to the ER, Ultrasound and urine blood test, all check out as good

2. Relocated to a new city over a week --> Pain exists but the excitement of the move doesn't make it too bothersome

3. July 13th - Meet with new doctor --> Diagnoses it as stress/anxiety related to the move, I nod along but manage to pull of a GI referral, got CBC and full panel blood test, with Lipase, all checked out as good

4. Pain exists for the entire month, manifesting in different locations, RUQ, LUQ, belly button region, lower abdomen etc. Most times it goes away after a few minutes, feels like nothing exists, but then comes back again. Once a few days, sharp pain below ribs on the abdomen, goes away with burping I guess?, and spasms along my left side of the abdomen once a few days mainly when I'm hungry or low on food

5. Experienced my first full blown sets of anxiety attacks --> Got a referral to a psychiatrist, bless him he's good

6. August 24th - Meet with GI --> Stress and anxiety are your root causes but, lets do an EDG to calm your nerves

7. September 20th - After a month I get the endoscopy --> Mild infection of H.Pylori, anxiety levels drop but still persistent

8. GI puts me on triple therapy, Amoxicillin (500mg x 4) , Clarithromycin ( 500mg x 2) and Omeprazole (20mg x 2) for 14 days. That's a total of 112 pills

9. Pain present during the entire triple therapy, lots of stomach sounds and gurgling. Had cranberry juice for most days on the treatment as well.

10.Therapy ended on 7th October, but the pain has still persisted. Due to give the stool test on November 5th

11. Pain still exists, hopeful about the symptoms tapering off.

12. Started a regimen of the following --> ( Morning - Vitamin B Complex from Whole Foods, Vitamins D 5000 IU [ I was insanely Vit D deficient, now @17 ng/ml ] and Multivitamins with a meal, Magnesium 500mg before bed, DGL 2x before each meal, GOL Mood + Probiotics 2 hours before dinner, Diluted Kefir after each meal and a vegetarian diet with lentils, rice and the common veggies )

I assure you ladies and gentlemen that I will update my progress often and even after I'm feeling better. I owe this community a lot more than just posts that describe my illness, but what it is like to be on the other side.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My HP Story - In Progress

Post by Helico_expert »

thanks for sharing your story. but, loosing some weight will help improve the quality of life too.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

@helico_expert : True, my BMI has just hit the 25 mark, hopefully it stays here and doesn't drop any further though. I haven't yet had any of my symptoms go away, which is bothersome. Is it common to go through this?

I have also upped probiotics in the form of sauerkrat in addition to the kefir and GOL Mood + probiotics. Lets see where this goes.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You will only truly recover when H. pylori is truly eradicated. So we shall see the verdict after 5th of November.

meanwhile, please do not take any more drugs that may affect the bacteria dose. No more PPI, no more antibiotics, no more herbs. Just eat normal. Probiotics are fine. If you really need acid suppressant, you can take Ranitidine.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

Just an update, I have my stool test scheduled for the 5th of November, hopefully it comes out clean.

I've been on the regimen of Probioitics + Kefir + Sauerkraut + Vitamin D + MultiVitamins + Magnesium regularly. Just started off of L-Glutamine + Curcumin+Pepper as well and I've been doing apple cider vinegar, 2 tbsp in a glass of water every morning.

I've had great days, and I've had bad ones, bad ones seem predictable in the sense that I have 2-3 bad days in a row and then it quietens down. Unclear on what trigger foods are but, the bad days are bad, just not as bad as they were before the therapy. In addition, I had a lipoma taken off my bicep, I have a few more on my abdomen which i decided to keep as is, mainly because I've had enough with the pain in the region, if the tummy pain were to go away in future, I'd consider getting the lipoma's out.

Overall, much better than before, to all you new folks here, stay strong, it only gets better =)

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn »

Update:

Stool test came out clean, no H.Pylori detected, which came as a relief.

Symptoms that still exist are: Slight stomach pain in the ULQ, habitual burping ( mostly self-created) and trouble digesting a few foods which I could in the past.

All I can say to everyone else, it will get better, keep the nutritional eating up as well, and try to stay in positive spirits. The last 4 months with this disease drove me into depths of depression that I never believed, existed. I'm still recovering from it, and realized that this community is owed a lot for all the support. Stay strong, be positive and smile :) I promise things will get better. I will continue to be an active member on this forum for any questions as well

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

We have similar stories. Just made a recent post, my first. Really need some help here.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”