Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori symptoms and treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

SJ66

Re: H Pylori symptoms and treatment

Post by SJ66 »

Hello again, Helico_expert

Thanks for your reply. Looks like I’m going to have to trial my regime and keep you updated. I’m hoping for a miracle for all of us intolerant to the Prazoles!

Just a further update: I decided to go to my doctor today and plead my case to issue me with an additional week of antibiotics! So that means I am now on a 14-day regime (instead of 7). 10 more days to go!!!

H2Blocker + Amox + Metro + Bismuth

Doctor said I’m doing everything I can to eradicate the HP. Now have to see if it all works.

I’ll endeavor to give feedback on how my treatment is going and any new info I get.

Thanks for being there and responding to my endless questions.

SJ

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

No worries and all the best to your treatment. Looking forward to seeing your treatment outcome.

SJ66

Post by SJ66 »

Hello again, Helico_expert

Have been doing more thinking! I’m on day 6 of my treatment which is:

Ranitidine 1 150mg x 2 per day
Amoxicillin 2 500mg x 2 per day
Metronidazole 1 400mg x 2 per day
Pepto Bismol 30ml (525mg) x 4 per day

I am going to do an extra week of treatment, as discussed with my doctor (totaling 14 days). However, In order to get maximum effect, I’m wondering if I should switch Ranitidine for Lansoprazole 30mg in the morning for the next 8 days.

2 times before I tried Lansoprazole and had terrible side effects!!! BUT, the meds above are hell anyway (headaches, really bad nausea, low appetite) so thinking just put up with the adverse effects of Lansoprazole for 8 days and try to knock the H Pylori out of my system?

Opinion and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, again.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it will be totally up to you. If you think you can tolerate the side effect of lansoprazole, you can switch it. alternatively, you can switch to rabeprazole.

SJ66

Post by SJ66 »

Thanks Helico_expert

Couldn’t get to see my doctor to chat about PPI/H2blocker so visited my trusted Pharmacist who said to not change any of my treatment now and just do everything I was doing with the 2 kinds of antibiotics, Pepto, h2blocker for the total of 14 days.

So, I’m almost done with day 10 treatment (4 more days to go). Obviously, I have absolutely no idea if the HP will be eradicated!!

Can you tell me/advise about HP being contagious? Many conflicting reports. Some people are saying the whole family plus animals (dogs) need to be treated in order to eradicate and stop reinfection! OMG! This would be a total nightmare. They’re saying my treatment is useless unless everyone in the House is treated at the same time. Please could you comment? Thanks so much.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

The animals dont have to be treated. But you must be aware they can be a potential carrier. The way the constantly kissing each other's bum, there is no way to prevent true reinfection among themselves. So, sharing food with pet is not a good idea. They dont just spread H. pylori. Pets can spread more deadly pathogen than H. pylori.

Among family members under the same roof (excluding children), it is best to have them tested and treated (if positive). Although spread among adults are low, but daily exposure and contacts increase chances of spread. Nevertheless, if you get everyone under the same roof to watch their hygiene, especially the one who is preparing the food, then the chance of spread can be minimum.

SJ66

Post by SJ66 »

Hi Helico_expert

Always appreciate your advise. Thanks.

Today I finish my 14 day treatment regime. So what happens now? Probiotics? Vitamins B, C, Zinc Carnosine, Aloe Vera? What else can I do to help my stomach/body heal?

My NHS doctor has already issued me with hospital pathology paperwork and stool sample bottle but says I need to wait at least 6 weeks before submitting my sample!!! Do you think 6 weeks is necessary?

Also, I have spoken to 3 NHS doctors who say not necessary to treat family!! However, I think it’s important to check so I’m trying to find private lab here in UK that would do HP stool test (it’s not easy to find without referral!). Also, do you treat if under age of 18 years, with no symptoms?

Thank you again and again for this forum and your help.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

here is a guideline how to do breath test. it applies to stool test as well.

http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

basically, the longer you wait, the less likely to have false negative.

in regards to your family. although transmission among adults are usually rare, especially in a modern society where everyone is aware of person hygiene (eg. washing hands and brushing teeth), there is little need to check family members. However, knowing that everyone under the same family is carrying a similar strain, if one person develop symptoms, it is very likely that another family member will later on develop symptoms too. So on that hypothesis, perhaps it would be a good idea to get everyone under the same roof to get treated.

SJ66

Post by SJ66 »

Hi Helico expert

Not good news from me. Waited 6 weeks after antibiotic therapy treatment to do H Pylori stool retest and just had result come back from NHS hospital that stool test is positive!!! Depressing news! I took:

Amoxicillin 1,000 mg x 2 daily
Metronidazole 400 mg x 2 daily
Pepto Bismol 30ml x 4 daily
Ranitidine 150mg x 2 daily

I did this for 14 days. Didn’t miss a day, took all the medication. I can’t believe I went through hell doing the treatment only to find out today it hasn’t worked!

Not sure what I do now.

I would be so grateful to receive any advise you can give me. I know I need to go back to the Doctor ASAP but would like to get your thoughts first. Thank you so much.

SJ66

Post by SJ66 »

Hello Helico Expert

Please IGNORE my earlier message.

I am reporting FANTASTIC NEWS to you!!

Since my last post about 2 hours ago, I have now found out that my online Patient Access record was NOT showing a positive result for my H Pylori stool retest!! I was looking at my old H Pylori record on the 7 June - which was positive!

I’ve just come back from my Doctor’s surgery with a print out of my recent H Pylori stool retest which is NEGATIVE!!! (Hallelujah!)

Apologies for the initial hysteria!

So, I guess my own concocted H Pylori regime worked!! Just to recap, here is what I took for 14 days - it was absolute hell - but obviously worth it:

Amoxicillin 1,000 mg x 2 daily
Metronidazole 400 mg x 2 daily
Pepto Bismol 30ml x 4 daily
Ranitidine 150mg x 2 daily
(I took Ranitidine because I had adverse reactions to PPIs)

THANK YOU for all the wonderful support.

If I can help anyone in any way, please let me know.

SJ 💙

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”