Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

I'm new here and tested hpyori positive

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Juju30

I'm new here and tested hpyori positive

Post by Juju30 »

So a month ago I started having issues with slight heartburn alot of burping.over the next few days it got worst.i ended up going to several hospitals and they all diagnose me with gerd,acid reflux and sent me home..two weeks later things got worst it felt like someone lit a match and threw it in my stomach,alot of nausea,loss of appetite and some days fatigue.finally got into see my Dr and he had stool tested me for hpylori which came back positive so I'm a week into the triple therapy. Taking 500mgs 4 times a day of amoxcillian and 500mgs of claryomicen and 80mgs of protonix..I been dealing with lots of depression,fatigue,only eating once a day and it seems like something happens each day..for the past few days insude my stomach I don't know if it's bloatness or what it feels like my stomach is really sore like I just got done working out at the gym..I've lost about 30pounds in a month I was weighing at 230 now I'm at 200.im just lost for words.im strong enough to knock this 14 day therapy out..and im strong enough to know it will take a long time for my stomach to get back to normal but the symptons of hpylori are horrible

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: I'm new here and tested hpyori positive

Post by Helico_expert »

Make sure you find out if you still carry h pylori

Juju30

Post by Juju30 »

How long after the 14 day treatment does it take to start feeling better

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

It's very subjective. Some people feel good almost immediately. Some will take months or years until they feel better. It depends on the damage done by H. pylori and the healing ability. Young people usually heal faster than older people.

Juju30

Post by Juju30 »

I just got my.enscopy yesterday and they said no ulcers though gastricis..my only problem now is extreme bloating..if I eat the wrong thing i feel horrible

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you'll feel better when your H. pylori is totally eradicated.

Shaan0188

Post by Shaan0188 »

I totally understand the pain you are going through! I have been diagnosed with hpylori as well and am on the 10th day of triple therapy. It does feel horrible as these medicines take their toll on the body! The initial few days of the treatment were kind of good but then it went hell, at a point I had severe heartburn for all night and next full day. Finally it got to a point when I just drank a lot of water and deliberately vomited. Yes its pathetic but it did give me some relief. I was so depressed and this fear that I will not get well made it more difficult. I am living away from home and I think living alone is the worst thing one can do at this point. I decided to take medical leaves and come home to my family. I eat 5 small meals a day and take all the medicines on time, drink water and have bananas and papaya. Plus I talk to my cousins and mum, they are such a support to have. For few days I have not been having heartburn and that is such a relief. You have to try and distract yourself and focus on being a little happy. I experienced that the days when I worried less and distracted myself, I had no heartburn. I hope to see some better days after I recover, hopefully the tests now are kind to me. This condition has also taught me to take care of my body and specially stomach. A good stomach almost solves all the problems. Remember one thing, you will get better! Just stay strong and fight this disease. Lets defeat it together!

Mike skrz

Post by Mike skrz »

It is so nice to talk to other people about this problem mine started somewhere in March I just had kinda stomach problems then it become so severe and so sudden in May I pray my stomach and body didn’t get damaged by this. The sad part is I could have probably prevented this had I had health insurance at the time but just transitioned to a new state. I’ve been on the treatment for three days and I’ve been feeling pretty as far as the medication goes I’m on the amoxicillin and clarithromycin and I’m taking 40mg of omeprazole. I’ve had the constant burping and was finally relieved by omeprazole thank god I was so scared I would be burping forever. I’ve lost 18-20 pounds I know the feeling. Does anyone have problems when they eat around their throat? When I eat I just get a massive lump in my throat it feels like. Like food is able to be swallowed and I try to take small bites but soon as it hits my esophagus problems happen. I haven’t had an endoscopy yet? If you did have one how was it? Easy? I’m due for a barium swallow on may 25th and I hope that turns negative as it would assure me it’s stricktly just my stomach and h pylori but this thing is awful if I do get cured which is hopefully by next month I have a whole new perspective on life. I’m 24 and I never thought this would be what I had to deal with at this age. We will defeat this together. I hope everyone can tell their success stories soon.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you are still young. dont worry.

endoscopy can be scary. But it is actually quite simple. ask for a sedation and wont even know when it's happening. I have seen Prof Marshall swallow the tubes himself twice without sedation. (He is super brave).

It's good to have the endoscopy done. So you will know the baseline. Something for you to compare if you need another endoscopy in the future.

Kakarot

Post by Kakarot »

I'm new as well with H. Pylori!! I just found out I had it May, 16, 2018!! I'm on 14 pills a day, a little nervous, and hope somebody can ease my tension!! I been reading up on H. Pylori, and if not treated, it can cause cancer!!! I've been belching, heartburn, problems, now hopefully, some of you ggod ppl that have this illness, can help me out on some things about this illness!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”