Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Can you have H. Pylori if the blood test is negative??

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Can you have H. Pylori if the blood test is negative??

Post by Helico_expert »

stomach ulcers are mainly caused by either HP or NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc).

if you dont have HP and not taking NSAIDs, it will be very very rare to develop stomach ulcers.

if you are above 50 years old and have been suffering from long term chronic pain in the stomach, it may be a good idea to have endoscopy and ultrasound done. it's usually nothing, but it's good to have a good reference record of your baseline for future comparison.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 am
Blood test cannot and will not be affected by PPI.

Blood test is usually very sensitive and can produce C-E false positive especially after treatment.

A negative from blood test is usually true, meaning the patient has not been infected recently.

If you just finished your treatment, you need to wait a month without PPI and use Urea breath test to find out if you are still infected.

Hello again,

Can you tell me if there is any kind of H pylori self test and where to buy it ?

Cheers.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Not that I know of. I think it is better you visit a GP and get it done there. So you get to ask the doctor's opinion on the result.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 pm
Not that I know of. I think it is better you visit a GP and get it done there. So you get to ask the doctor's opinion on the result.

Doctor just told me that I do not need any test but only need to heal my stomach, how possible ? Do you think that a doctor should always check more ?
It's a public hospital in Asia, so maybe not the best choice, but the problem with private hospitals is not only that they are overpriced, but they have the bad reputation to always do what is not necessary but is expensive...

Do you think that I should really visit a private clinic and pay for the test, or should I believe him that I do not need it ?

Thanks again for all...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

If you are experiencing gastric symptoms, then you should get a proper check. It's not hard and it's always better to get it cured early.

hurting

Post by hurting »

Hi Jennifer wondering if you have had any help to stop all the things happening to you? I have been 3 years with this eating away at my body. They tell me nothing is wrong and that its all in my head. I have been asked if I have ever been in a psych ward as well. I am gaining weight with this I have put on 25 lbs now and 15 of those were when I was on intravenous in the hospital for 6 days. Eating nothing but having the intravenous. So then my dr. says stop eating at wendy's and such and you will stop gaining weight. He has said some really nasty things to me but with the shortage of dr's and needing dr. notes for work I am forced to keep him. My lymph system is so swollen under my arms like you and in my legs just below the knees. I also now have a lump protruding at the pelvic area that is also the same as the ones under my arms and under my knees on the inside of the calf. They look fluid filled. I recently went to a major city and went to a clinic because Im in so much pain and it has been so long. They did an upper scope and found my stomach full of old blood. They cant find a reason, no ulcer or anything and so now I live with this blood in my stomach and the swelling. My stomach looks like its pregnant and the pain travels everywhere in my body now. Right up to my eyes. Last week I had a blood vessel break in my eye as well. I get dizzy spells and cant think straight. I have pain that is in the pad under my toes and the toes on my left foot are now numb. My legs and back hurt so bad. They have operated twice now once they removed my left bowel saying that is why I can have a bowel movement and still the pain is there and gets worse each day. From there that caused me a hernia and they left it grow to a 7 x 14 size across my midsection. It was an incisional hernia and it hung out there for 7 months getting bigger each day. I have a difficult time to eat anything. I am living on watermelon and cornsilk tea, which I make with corn silk, thyme, parsley, ginger and turmeric. Still gaining but I have managed to clear the pain except for my legs now which are so swollen and all the swollen lymphs. I feel like I am burning up all the time, not hot flashes but like a fever that never goes away and I have to keep my house temp. at 19 degrees celcius or the pain comes rushing back. I would love to know if you found any answers or if you managed to get it to stop. I chose to respond to you as you mentioned the lymph swelling. Watermelon season is going to end soon and not sure what I am going to do then. I have no life at all now. I use to dance 3 hours a day and visit my grandbaby and live not try to survive. My life now is very lonely as no one wants to be with someone that is in constant pain. I cant even play with my grandbaby. I swell constantly and I have no salt whatsoever in my diet of watermelon. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry to what happened to you. So condition is most probably not due to H. pylori. Nevertheless, do let me know if you need any H. pylori related suggestions.

andrej

Post by andrej »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu May 28, 2015 11:23 am
Because of your great interest, i am going to tell you two more information.

The reason natural remedy doesnt work is mainly because they dont get to reach H. pylori like antibiotics. H. pylori not only just hide underneath the thick mucous barrier, it also hide in between two cells (we call it the tight junction); hide underneath stomach cells; and sometimes, inside immune cells (eg. macrophages). As long as the natural remedy doesnt get into the blood stream and attack H. pylori from behind enemy line, there is no way such natural product can completely eradicate H. pylori.

some people with some undefined skin diseases, because the doctor cannot identify the cause of the skin disease, it's never treated properly. And these people can suffer from this skin disease for years. So a few years ago, it happened that some of these people had their skin disease cured after H. pylori antibiotic treatment. So there was a period where people thought H. pylori is associated with skin diseases. But it turns out that the skin disease is actually caused by an unknown bacteria and the massive antibiotics for H. pylori treatment cured them in the same time.
I wouldn't agree that it doesnt work for a few reasons 1.Our body has the ability to regulate h pylori,if that wasn't the case we would die in a few days due to h pylori.2 There are natural compounds that slow down h pylori and reduce it's ability to produce urease 3 Many liquid antimicrobial agents can penetrate deep into the gut wall.Yet it's true what you'r saying about crude herbs wich only seem to piss off h pylori.

Anyways maybe my optimism speaking from inside of me but there are quite a few who have treated h pylori naturally.Now i cannot say that it's not hiding somewhere and waiting for a perfect opportunity.

A diet after symptoms disapear is crucial in order for good bacteria and strong immune system dont give it a chance to come back.Certainly some good bacteria have the ability to kill h pylori on their own

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

There are members in the forum that occasionally claimed that they were treated by natural herb. There are also members who tried their methods and failed. So the success rate of natural herb therapy is very low and probably only suitable to a very limited population.

Anyway, since H. pylori is such a chronic infection, and natural herbs are normally harmless, go ahead and try them if you want. But if you want effective treatment with good science support, antibiotics is the way to go.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”