Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

chinese patient with H.Pylori diagnosed a month ago

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

lxy172733823

chinese patient with H.Pylori diagnosed a month ago

Post by lxy172733823 »

I started to feel bloating,burping,heartburn,acid reflux,mild stomach pain sensation at the end of October/2015. i had diagnosed H.Pylori infection in regular physical examination at June this year without any discomfort. i started to take quadruple therapy which is amoxicillin,clarithromycin,rabeprazole,bismuth for 15 days, and took breath test again at 20 August after first treatment was over. It showed that i still had H.Pylori infection. So, i started second treatment again on August 21 with the same prescription(amoxicillin,clarithromycin,rabeprazole,bismuth) for 15 days again. but i didn't take breath test until i felt discomfort at the end of October this year. i went to see a doctor and took breath test again in November 12, and it showed H.Pylori was still positive. So, doctor changed a different prescription for me which is Doxycycline,Metronidazole,Omeprazole, bismuth subsalicylate for 14 days and i started to take them at November 16. I already finished them for almost one week but i still have burping symptom, the other symptoms have disappeared. can anyone give me some ideas for my situation, i feel so frustrated and depressed. GI doctor already ordered another breath test on January 4, 2016. Now, i have been waiting for this test to see if the H.pylori has been eradicated.
can everyone give me some suggestions. thank you.

xuyang
Last edited by lxy172733823 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

lxy172733823

Re: chinese patient with H.Pylori diagnosed a month ago

Post by lxy172733823 »

can anyone tell me that why do i still burp after taking quadruple treatment, thank you

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think your second treatment is strong and should eradicate the HP.

it's difficult to explain why some patients developed reflux after antibiotic treatment. Perhaps your stomach is trying to get use to a new environment without HP.

lxy172733823

Post by lxy172733823 »

Helico_expert wrote:I think your second treatment is strong and should eradicate the HP.

it's difficult to explain why some patients developed reflux after antibiotic treatment. Perhaps your stomach is trying to get use to a new environment without HP.
Thank you for you explanation.
let me explain more clearly, the final treatment is the third treatment, i have had two courses of treatment before this time but the prescription of previous two time were the same.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

yup. i understand. what i dont understand is why your doctor gave you the same treatment for the 1st and 2nd time. He should know that you got the resistant strain.

lxy172733823

Post by lxy172733823 »

Helico_expert wrote:I think your second treatment is strong and should eradicate the HP.

I'm very worried about that if it is stomach cancer

lxy172733823

Post by lxy172733823 »

Helico_expert wrote:yup. i understand. what i dont understand is why your doctor gave you the same treatment for the 1st and 2nd time. He should know that you got the resistant strain.
actually, you know that in china you can buy any antibiotics by yourself. when i finished my physical examination. it showed that i have HP infection. my parents bought the antibiotics for me, because they had HP infection also, and they already cured HP. So, they though that i should be cured by the same prescription as they took.
Now, i'm in Eugene,OR, so doctor said probably i have resistance for the prescription i took before. that's why doctor changed prescription for me.
another question, do you suggest me to take gastroscopy procedure? thank you
Last edited by lxy172733823 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Do you have family who has gastric cancer? if you do, with or without H. pylori, your chance of getting gastric cancer is higher than normal people.

then, do you like to eat preserve or high salt food? if you do, you may want to cut down. Salt has been shown to associate with gastric cancer.

then, last question, do you still have H. pylori? although it is associated with gastric cancer, i think the above two factors are greater than HP.

lxy172733823

Post by lxy172733823 »

Helico_expert wrote:Do you have family who has gastric cancer? if you do, with or without H. pylori, your chance of getting gastric cancer is higher than normal people.

then, do you like to eat preserve or high salt food? if you do, you may want to cut down. Salt has been shown to associate with gastric cancer.

then, last question, do you still have H. pylori? although it is associated with gastric cancer, i think the above two factors are greater than HP.
Thank you for your help expert

1st.my grandma died from gastric cancer when she was 78
2ed. i don't eat salty food and preserve food, i like eating vegetable and fruit.
3rd. i don't know if i still have H.pylori, because i just ended my third treatment for 6 days, my next urea breath test will be in 4 January, 2016

lxy172733823

Post by lxy172733823 »

Helico_expert wrote:Do you have family who has gastric cancer? if you do, with or without H. pylori, your chance of getting gastric cancer is higher than normal people.

by the way i don't have any symptoms with my stomach before this time. and i though i have had H.pylori infection for around 8 months till now and even didn't have any symptoms when i did physical examination in June(this is just a speculation)
and i eat a lot of wheat food and milk recently because i thought that the treatment is ended so H.pylori should be eradicated. my last blood test showed that i have gluten sensitivity.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”