Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Helicobacter aftermath

The cure of Hp usually requires antibiotics. Other things have been tried and have a weaker effect.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni, luci2010, Ondek-Expert, kkimura

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Helicobacter aftermath

Post by Helico_expert »

Replying scats1

yes, the symptom will last a few while, even months before full recovery. So how's your symptom now? it has been almost week now, getting better?

scats1

Post by scats1 »

Helico_expert wrote:Replying scats1

yes, the symptom will last a few while, even months before full recovery. So how's your symptom now? it has been almost week now, getting better?
hello, and thank you for replying.

well, I've been taking Prevacid for the past couple of days because I just did not feel like dealing with the heartburn. But I'm going to stop taking it for a while to see what happens naturally now that I'm done with the triple therapy treatment.

I have absolutely no history with consistent heartburn, plus I'm young (low 20s), and I have a great diet. I'm putting all my hope into the heartburn getting better. It's my only symptom...

jay

Post by jay »

Hi All,

Just had my results and I m cured! :)

Wish I knew about the lingering after-effects of this bacterial infection though....

Thanks to all and good luck!

Regards

Jay

benmomo

Post by benmomo »

Hi there,

42 yo male.
20/02/2012: Dx : gastritis, h-Pylori +
Endoscopy: Chronic active gastritis with erythema
28/03/2012: finiched 7 days HP-PAc tritherapy.
25/05/2012: Breath test negative :) ....but
endoscopy the same day: Erosive esophagitis grade A , ; (
I read a lot of research talking about the relationship between the eradiaction of H-Pylori and the onset of reflux esophagitis.
Do someone know about the prognosis of this condition in long term period .
I'm feling like trading one bad condition with another.

Thanks in advance

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think you are just unlucky. The more common "trade" would be discomfort of the stomach as it is dominated by all sort of bacteria when PPI is taken and stomach is no longer acidic. Usually after treatment, your acid slowly comes back, other bacteria growing in your stomach will then slowly die off and then your stomach can slowly recover to its normal state. Give it another one or two weeks and see if it gets better.

zhakaske

Post by zhakaske »

I was diagnozed with h pylori few months back and got the treatment done. After completing the treatment the burning in stomach seems to have reduced but i have been having bad constipation problems. No matter what i eat the stool seems to be almost close to black, just sticks in the colon and doesnt come out. colonoscopy, barium enema tests everything came normal. The doctor is clueless whats going on. I ended up in ER twice with completely choked colon and had to use enema to take out the stool. I never had constipation problems before this treatment.

Please let me know if anyone else faced the same problem and possible reasons for the same.

zhakaske

Post by zhakaske »

And also the stool smells really bad, almost black in color seems to stick around in the colon, its soft but broken and sometimes has white mucus around it.

The colonoscopy cleaned up the colon completely, the same day i ate some fruits and vegetables and the next day i have the same problem with stool.

please help

zhakaske

Post by zhakaske »

bonnie wrote:Hi Everyone,
I was diagnosed with HP infection early May 2011 through endoscopy. I took two weeks treatment of Prevpack ( triple therapy ). I finished my treatment May 19th and continue with 15 mg Prevacid daily to relieve my occasional heart burn and stopped June 20th 2011. I got a lot better with my stomach pain and burp compared to the days before my treatment, but not 100% well. I take small frequent meals in that way I am doing OK.

About 10 days after I stopped my two-week treatment, but still on 15 mg Prevacid, I started to have lower abdominal, waist area discomfort/pain, come and go,sometimes on my lower back or rib area, sometimes on the lower left ab. I constantly want to go to bathroom and have bowel movement and in fact just pass some gas there. The discomfort makes me feel so miserable. by the way my actual bowel movement is about 3 times a day.

Before my triple treatment, I just had very bad stomach pain and burped a lot, but I did not have the ab discomfort and the bloating, now after the treatment my symptoms changed to be lower ab.

I went to see my GI doctor. He wanted me to change my diet to be without milk, cabbage, beans and brocoli and take Gas Ex. I followed his instruction religiously for my diet and took Gas Ex. It has been 10 days,but still not getting better.
I have scheduled to do my breath test in mid July to see if the bacteria has been got rid of or not.
I am going to see my GI next week. I want him to do a colonoscopy for me and abdominal ultrasound to see if there are something seriously wrong.

I want to know if there are someone who has experienced similar symptoms like mine after HP infection treatment. Is it possible that Prevacid or antibiotics caused this?

'll appreciate it if someone can let me know the answer.
I have the exact problems, very bad constipation so much that i had to go to ER twice. The stool smells bad, the doctors have no clue. Dont know what to do.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you probably are one of those unlucky one. My theory is, as antibiotic kills off H. pylori, they also kill off many other guts bacteria. The bad ones happened to dominate your guts before the good ones and hence lead to these unpredictable problems. Try plenty of fruits and gluten free food and see you gets better in the next few weeks.

If doctor cannot find anything, perhaps can consider another H. pylori treatment, assuming that will reset your guts bacteria again.

Sulsted

Post by Sulsted »

Hey you guys with the CONSTIPATION problem. I have exactly the same problem now with constipation after taking the antibiotics and it's 3 weeks ago sins I finished my antibiotics one week prevpack.

It will be very helpfull, if you guys could tell me how you are feeling now?

I will appreciate much for a reply, thanks from Geele, 22 in Denmark

Return to “Treatment for Helicobacter 幽门螺杆菌治疗”