Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

GI MAP

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

schism

Re: GI MAP

Post by schism » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:06 am

Despite the GI MAP indicating I have HP, my GI doctor wants to do an endoscopy next week before treating HP. He said because I've had burping and heartburn, he needs to see my stomach/esophagus and do biopsies before deciding on treatment.

I have no day to day pain in my stomach and I can eat anything I want except sugary carbonated drinks (those make my stomach ache bad). Other than that, I have some burping and with that, I get heartburn at times.

Is it overkill to do an EGD? I am having anxiety about the EGD and the knock-out drug they will use while doing it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: GI MAP

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:16 am

it sounds scary, but you wont feel or remember a thing. So dont worry. It's good to have a record of your current stomach condition by EGD. So, in the future, for some reason that you need another EGD, at least you have something to compare with.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”