Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

GI MAP

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

schism

Re: GI MAP

Post by schism »

Despite the GI MAP indicating I have HP, my GI doctor wants to do an endoscopy next week before treating HP. He said because I've had burping and heartburn, he needs to see my stomach/esophagus and do biopsies before deciding on treatment.

I have no day to day pain in my stomach and I can eat anything I want except sugary carbonated drinks (those make my stomach ache bad). Other than that, I have some burping and with that, I get heartburn at times.

Is it overkill to do an EGD? I am having anxiety about the EGD and the knock-out drug they will use while doing it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

it sounds scary, but you wont feel or remember a thing. So dont worry. It's good to have a record of your current stomach condition by EGD. So, in the future, for some reason that you need another EGD, at least you have something to compare with.

schism

Post by schism »

Endoscopy completed and doctor told my wife everything looked good except erosion on esophagus and gave me a prescription for 40mg omeprazole once per day.

Still waiting on biopsies.

Can the erosion heal? My main concern right now is will the damage heal or not. I sure don’t want to be on a PPI my entire life...

Is HP a common cause of GERD and once fixed the GERD stops thus so do PPI?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Erosion can heal when the acid reflux is stopped by PPI.

H. pylori can cause GERD, but not all GERD is because of H. pylori.

Some patients develop GERD after eradicating H. pylori.

I think we still dont know how GERD happened and so we dont have a good treatment plan for it other than PPI.

Gem stone

Post by Gem stone »

Hi guys,
After h pylori chronic gastritis is caused in me even after tripple therapy it has caused some food intolerance how to deal with it by reading success stories of gastritis on net I have found many people develop food intolerance as h pylori causes gap between stomach wall cells due to swelling and food particles go to blood stream and result in food intolerance stomach upsets .
Any one in this group who is able to deal this food intolerance caused by h pylori ?
Any one had good experience with digestive enzymes recommend me some?
Any one had experience of dealing stomach upsets after tripple therapy guide?
Any one healed gastritis with homeopathy?

schism

Post by schism »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm
Erosion can heal when the acid reflux is stopped by PPI.

H. pylori can cause GERD, but not all GERD is because of H. pylori.

Some patients develop GERD after eradicating H. pylori.

I think we still dont know how GERD happened and so we dont have a good treatment plan for it other than PPI.
That’s good news. When will the PPIs stop? If it takes a month to heal on PPIs that sounds good, but to what end?

I’m afraid to begin the PPI treatment worried that I will develop dependance and be on them for life. They reduce stomach acid yet stomach acid is very important to break down your food. PPI increases your risk of malnutritionment and upset microbiome and c diff.

I’ve read that gerd is usually from not enough acid — yet here we are taking away even more acid.

I’m just confused and upset. I need solid answers and direction and it seems no one has it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

GERD is normally cause by too much acid. It's important to suppress the acid as the reflux can burn your throat and increase risk of throat cancer. Some very bad GERD can also cause tooth corrosion.

schism

Post by schism »

I called the doctor's office and spoke w/ a nurse whom went over the results in a bit more detail. She said that the erosion was "grade A" which she said is the least damage grade (so that is good news). She also said they saw some "stomach discoloration". I asked if that is gastritis and she said maybe, waiting on biopsy.

I don't understand why I would be prescribed a 2 month course of PPI when I get biopsy results in a week which could indicate new information and avenues of treatment...

I think I'm just going to hold off on the PPI until I get biopsy results.

Helico_expert, in your practice and exposure to HP patients, do you see some that have their reflux cured when their HP is? For me, I feel like if HP eradication stops my burping, it will stop the reflux.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Erosion and reflux (or GERD) is cause by the excessive acid. Hence you were prescribed PPI. It could be 2 weeks or 4 weeks. Since PPI is very safe drug, you can take for a long period of time.

So why is there "excessive" acid? in a simple way of explanation, it is because of H. pylori. H. pylori is the root of the erosion problem. getting rid of H. pylori can almost certainly cure your erosion and stomach inflammation. However, the reflux "switch" may already be turned on by H. pylori and to turn it back off is not that easy. at the moment we can only control the acid by PPI and hopefully it'll turn off by itself after a while.

schism

Post by schism »

It seems as though you are saying 2 contradicting things. You’re saying it’s excessive acid that’s the problem and it’s caused by HP, but you also say you can eradicate it yet a “reflux switch” may still be on. So which is it.... excessive acid or just a reflux of acid? Are you saying that even after HP eradication, acid levels may stay high? Is that what you mean by reflux switch?

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”