Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

GI MAP

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: GI MAP

Post by Helico_expert »

interesting observation. It is usually believed that high protein diet increase acid level. But it seems like you have the opposite. Nevertheless, it's not good to stop PPI straight away. It is better to gradually stop it.

schism

Post by schism »

The NP told me that even after 2 months of PPI, in my case, I won’t need to gradually stop it. I told her I had thought you needed to gradually stop and she said again nope not when you’re on it for that short of time.

Well I was on it for only 2 weeks. So I stopped taking it without stepping gradually down.

I did a google search for carbs and gerd and it seems there are tons of people whose gerd goes away when cutting down carbs as well. Mainly complex carbs.

schism

Post by schism »

I’ve been having a rather embarrassing problem after the Pylera. My anus itches after BMs. Wasn’t happening during Pylera, only a couple days after and still today. I’ve been taking a probiotic. Will this itch go away?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

How long have you stopped Pylera and how long have this itch been on? Hopefully as your microbiome gradually comes back, the itch will go away. I have to say it is not something common.

schism

Post by schism »

I stopped Pylera oct 9th and itch started about 4-5 days later and continues today. It only occurs after BM for about an hour. However I think the itch has gotten less severe.

If it is a yeast infection, is that something that can be treated with eating low-yeast/carb (already doing that) and probiotics or will I have to go get more medicine? It sounds like it may be treatable by getting good flora back?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

doesnt sound like a yeast infection to me. Since it's less severe now, i would wait another week or two and see how it progress. But if you are really concern, you should see a GP.

also, check out about worm. although it's less common among adults, it may be worth a look. You can buy anti-worm "chocolate" from chemist.

schism

Post by schism »

It’s been 5 weeks since I’ve been off PPI and PYLERA. I just got the stool antigen test back and it is negative. :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

wow! fantastic news! time for a big celebration!! :lol:

acb

Post by acb »

Great! Congrats!
Re the itch. I have the same after 2 weeks of treatment. Did you find out what it is? Did it get better? It can be really painful.

schism

Post by schism »

The itch is from Hemorrhoids. Im actually still nursing them too and are getting better. I had first bout of hemmoroids last year and for some reason they inflamed again after my treatment. May be conincedence.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”