Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

Test Result

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Daisy

Test Result

Post by Daisy » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:02 am

Hi all,
On July 13th I had my breath test for h. pylori and today I finally received my result. I am h. pylori negative! I was a little skeptical at first, but I am so grateful for the result. I started having relapse-type symptoms post treatment which led me to believe my treatment failed, but those symptoms have lessened over time. I feel almost ‘normal’ most days! I completed my triple therapy on May 20 and had not taken any bismuth or PPIs since, so I think I allowed enough time before testing to receive an accurate result. There were no markers listed on my report, just 2 ‘negatives’ from the 2 labs that checked my test.

mimetiva

Re: Test Result

Post by mimetiva » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:33 pm

That is some awesome news!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm

yea! congratulation! do come back and tell us about your symptom recovery.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:43 pm

Thank you! Just a question: the breath test is pretty accurate, right? I still have slight gnawing hunger/pain after eating lunch and dinner. It doesn’t last as long as it used to (before treatment I’d have the horrible pain all day and night). Also, I feel my best in the morning which is when I actually get hungry. Should I avoid certain foods and/or incorporate other foods to help with the healing process? I never had an endoscopy so I don’t know the extent of the damage this bacteria did.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:03 pm

The UBT is accurate enough. Your recovery probably takes a little longer than usual. But as long as H. pylori is eradicated, you'll be alright.

There is no particular food to avoid or recommend. If you are young and healthy, and no family history of gastric cancer, there is no need for endoscopy.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”