Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Negative breath test

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

JasonDED

Negative breath test

Post by JasonDED » Fri May 13, 2016 2:08 am

Got my breath test results and they were negative, im a bit disappointed. i wanted to finally put a name to the face of my problems. i heard sometimes its difficult to detect h pylori. could this be a false negative? i am now considering a stool antigen test. would that be a more conclusive test for h pylori?

thanks

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Negative breath test

Post by Helico_expert » Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 am

Breath test is reasonably accurate. Nevertheless, it depends on who is running the test. Your doctor normally will have a sense on the accuracy of the result based on his experience with the laboratory.

So if you are free of H. pylori and still experience discomfort, you will perhaps have to talk to an immunologist or dietitian to see if you are allergic to certain food. Perhaps probiotics may help.

Loreleiz

Post by Loreleiz » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:32 am

Before my breath test I drank lemonade could that have givin me a false negative?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:55 am

what is the time in between your lemonade and breath test?

Some studies suggest a bit of acid before breath test actually gets better result.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing”