Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Does H-pylori cause lower abdominal pain?

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Mykids05

Does H-pylori cause lower abdominal pain?

Post by Mykids05 »

I started out feeling bloated and full in late January which gradually went into a dull pain in the lower abdomen. After countless trips to the ER and doctor with increasing pain I was referred to a surgeon. Last week I had a endoscopy and was diagnosed with gastritis and h-pylori but was told the doctor didn't know why I was experiencing lower abdominal pain. I was prescribed prilosec, and 2 antibiotics... Clarithromycin and Metronidazole. The first two days after starting treatment I had extreme pain in the upper stomach then I felt great for 2 1/2 days with just some mild discomfort in the lower abdomen. Then the pain started coming back Saturday night and this is now Thursday Morning. Has anyone else had lower abdominal pain (sometimes feels like bloating pressure most of the time just pure pain)?

Mykids05

Re: Does H-pylori cause lower abdominal pain?

Post by Mykids05 »

Oh, I also had a colonoscopy at the same time I had the endoscopy and they took biopsies and I do not have colitis or crohns or a gluten allergy. I did have one small precancerous polyp removed

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

have you completed your triple therapy treatment? it not common to have constant lower abdominal pain. I am not expert in anywhere outside stomach, but you have done colonoscopy and i assume no big problem detected. What about ultrasound? how long has this pain been? could it be because of the antibiotics?

Mykids05

Post by Mykids05 »

I am on a 2 week regimen for the triple therapy (Prilosec, Clarithomycin, Metronidazol twice a day)... Still have 6 days left. Then Im supposed to take Prilosec once a day for another 4 weeks. The pain did get worse for 2 days after starting treatment but went back to how it has been...bloating since January and dull nagging to burning sharp pain since February (mostly mid to lower abdomen. The pain sometimes comes and goes...its contant when i have it and really bloated when i dont have the pain. There is also i little bit of rumbling and sloshing noise every once in awhile on the left mid abdomen. I did have an ultrasound and CT scan and they came back normal. I had also experienced extreme constipation until the last few days.

Mykids05

Post by Mykids05 »

Also, if I was to be retested for h-pylori to make sure its completely gone how long do I have to wait after finishing the medication? And can Prilosec affect the test results?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

normally you'll have to wait one month after completing your antibiotics before your next breath test. Here is a summary guideline on when to do breath test and the PPI you are taking.

http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Yes, prilosec will affect the test result.

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

Abdominal pain is not common in such cases. It is always recommended to visit a healthcare professional and get medication to treat the pain.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

michaeljonson

Post by michaeljonson »

Yes, one can feel burning sensation or pain in the upper abdomen, usually occurring about an hour after having meals. Some patients often suffer abdominal pain during the night time.
Legacy ER & Urgent Care

Lily burke

Post by Lily burke »

Mykids05 wrote:
Sat May 02, 2015 12:19 am
I am on a 2 week regimen for the triple therapy (Prilosec, Clarithomycin, Metronidazol twice a day)... Still have 6 days left. Then Im supposed to take Prilosec once a day for another 4 weeks. The pain did get worse for 2 days after starting treatment but went back to how it has been...bloating since January and dull nagging to burning sharp pain since February (mostly mid to lower abdomen. The pain sometimes comes and goes...its contant when i have it and really bloated when i dont have the pain. There is also i little bit of rumbling and sloshing noise every once in awhile on the left mid abdomen. I did have an ultrasound and CT scan and they came back normal. I had also experienced extreme constipation until the last few days.
hi how are u my nameis lily i feel this sharp pain on left side of stomach a little under rib, it feels full and im also constipated??? I finished treatment for h pylori 3 and half months ago my new test was negative

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

have you done ultrasound or endoscopy to rule out stones and ulcers?

I would try PPI for a month with the assumption that it's an ulcer.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”