Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori, endoscopy

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

silverbee21

H Pylori, endoscopy

Post by silverbee21 »

Hi,i I would like another opinion on this-and don't know where to turn :cry:
I have suffered with sporadic upper right quadrant stomach pain since I was around 11 years old(I am now 41). It will go away for months-sometimes a year without a "flare up". When the pain is active- cannot touch around my right rib area-the pain is gnawing kind of pain and I am either sick-or make myself sick to give some relief.
In Dec 2014,I had a particularly bad attack -and I started to pass blood. The doctor gave me Omprezole and I had blood tests done-blood tests confirmed I was anemic (9.5). I then had a stool sample which confirmed H Pylori. I had an endoscopy on 10th Jan 2015 and the consultant noted there was lots of scarring and a deformity of the duodenal bulb-biopsies(this is apparently a history of ulcers -recurring) were taken-was told 6-8 weeks for the results. On 14th Jan,I started 7 day triple therapy to kill the H pylori. I have also started to take iron tablets 325mg per day.
I had heard nothing from the doctors-called today and was told my endoscopy was "normal"-I am really confused as I had active h pylori at the time,so this in the least would have shown up
Please can you advise:-
1. I had been taking Omprezole up to and during the endoscopy- am sure this would affect results.
2. I feel nauseous every day-although no more pain- feel a "tugging sensation around my right rib when hovering etc-or even if I lie on my side.
3. I feel so tired all the time-
4. Horrible taste in my mouth that comes and goes-like a metallic taste,when taste is there-tongue is red and sore?

I am at my wits end-i feel very unwell and not getting any better. I have made another appointment with my doctor-but do not hold much faith

In
Last edited by silverbee21 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atitudeboy

Re: H Pylori, endoscopy

Post by atitudeboy »

I have had light to moderate nausea for about 2 months now. I never vomited (though came close once or twice). The symptoms are intermittent. Sometimes I could go 3 days or more with barely any issues. Then, the nausea would just sort of arise. Sometimes 2 hrs after eating, sometimes just randomly. I took an H.Pylori blood test recommended by my GI Doc, and they said it was positive. I did the treatment for 2 weeks (2 antibiotics and Prilosec) and there was actually a 6 day period where I felt great! Then it slowly came back again.

I have been off of the medicine for one week, and things are still touch and go. I can go 1 to 2 days with no symptoms, and then 1 to 2 days with nausea of varying intensity.

www.chessrivals.net
Last edited by atitudeboy on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

To silverbee and atitudeboy,

I think first, you need to confirm if the bacteria is truly eradicated. Then second, focus on the recovery. As you know, you might already have this bug since the age of 11. It's very common to have this bug in the early age. And your stomach will need time to recover after so many years of damage. Your stomach also need time to readjust to a new environment without H. pylori. I think as long as there isnt much abnormality in the stomach, eg. metaplasia or cancer, you'll be alright (provided that you totally eradicated H. pylori).

When you see your GP next time, order a breath or stool test again. Remember not to take any acid reducing agent. You may follow this guideline if you really need something to control your acid reflux.
http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

silverbee21

Post by silverbee21 »

Thank you for your comments both-fingers crossed am on the road to recovery.
I have also been looking at alternative medicine-broccomax and matula tea and may give them a try

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Just want to let you know that all homeopathic treatment may ease the symptom, but does not kill H. pylori in your stomach.

silverbee21

Post by silverbee21 »

Thank you. I have a doctor's appointment today-so will ask to be re-tested. I also need to get the anemia sorted-which hopefully,if H pylori has been eradicated-should correct itself in time.

silverbee21

Post by silverbee21 »

Hi, ☆update☆
The doctor has refused to retest me-said that is not what they do. Said as no more severe pain-likelyhood h pylori has been eradicated. The doctor has advised that I stay on Omprezole for 6 months-to heal the ulcer as very large and deep. Iron tablets have been changed again-to Ferrous Fumerate -again,need to be on them 6 months with full blood tests to be run in a month's time to see if my Hb levels have increased.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

not a surprise. Many doctor still refuse to re test to find out if H. pylori is truly eradicated. So it's up to you if you want to find out.

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”