Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

IgG+ but vacA/CagA-, Biopsy Negative?

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: IgG+ but vacA/CagA-, Biopsy Negative?

Post by Helico_expert »

All the best, keep us posted with your result.

:)

elea

Post by elea »

Update: I did 7 days of 2x 1g Amoxicillin, 2x 500mg Claritrhomycin, 2x 40mg Pantoprazole.

- I started feeling somewhat better after only a few days of the treatment. Then a week after the treatment ended my symptoms got worse. I understand that acid rebound after H. Pylori eradication could be a factor.

- It's been 26 days since the treatment ended and I did another vacA/CagA stool test today. The test line is faint but visible, so I maybe it's time for a quad therapy. I've read that 28 days is the accepted timeframe for H. Pylori retesting so perhaps I should wait another week and test again in case there's residual vacA/CagA from before.

- A week ago my gastroenterologist put me on 40mg of Esomeprazole 3x per day for 10 days just to test if my reflux is an acid problem or not. Despite what he describes as a "total acid blockade" I'm still getting a lot of reflux of some kind and a strong bitter taste. I wonder if the reflux is being caused by what looks like an ongoing it's bile reflux, as per: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1382972/

- The alternative of course is a urea breath test, but as far as I've read I would have to go off PPI's for 2 weeks. Which might be hell on earth considering the acid rebound after such a high PPI dosage.

Note: my partner who's a medical doctor tested negative for vacA/CagA a month ago, so it's somewhat unlikely I was reinfected.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

only about 50% of H. pylori is cag +ve. I am not sure how sensitive is the vacA/cagA test. Better double check with breath test.

you may follow this guideline to change your PPI to something weaker and then do your breath tests.
http://www.imvs.sa.gov.au/wps/wcm/conne ... OD=AJPERES

elea

Post by elea »

The assay sensitivity of the VacA CagA stool test is 50-70 ng/ml of H. Pylori Protein.

I've had two positive stool tests (last week and now this week). Is that not enough confirmation? I could easily go to a doctor today and get a quadruple therapy (I imagine they'd prescribe bismuth/tetracycline/metronidazole/omeprazole).

I obviously don't want to jump the gun considering how strong tetracycline is.

Nevertheless, I had azithromycin for an ear-infection last summer during my first H. Pylori symptoms, so it wouldn't be surprising if the clarithromycin-based triple therapy didn't work.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you are right. most of the failed cases of triple therapy is because of H. pylori resistance to Clarithromycin. So I would believe it is very easy for H. pylori to become resistant to Clarithromycin, azithromycin and other erythromycin analog.

Anyway, bismuth/tetracycline/metronidazole/omeprazole (or Pylera) sounds like a good combination. Keep us posted with your treatment outcome.

elea

Post by elea »

My new gastroenterologist is taking a proper stool test to the lab. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the home test kit.

I'm still put out that the previous gastroenterologist insisted that being on Omeprazole in the 5 weeks prior to my gastroscopy couldn't affect the H. Pylori biopsy results.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Although PPI have no direct antimicrobial effect at the concentration present in the gastric mucosa (360), they indirectly interfere with H. pylori distribution in the stomach by changing the pH of its bacterial niche, leading to its disappearance in the antrum. The recommendation is not to consume these drugs 2 weeks prior to endoscopy.
consumption of PPI or antibiotics) may also jeopardize the accuracy of histological diagnosis
http://cmr.asm.org/content/20/2/280.full

Do keep us posted with your proper stool test result.

elea

Post by elea »

Lab test was negative and another home test today was negative. Time to recover! Still lots of stomach acid and on a heavy dose (60mg) of Esomeprazole.

So to recap, here's the data from my experience

October - gastroscopy biopsy: Negative (however Omeprazole was taken for 5 weeks prior... false negative?)

December - IgG serum: Positive (even though I had never been treated for H. Pylori before)

December - VacA/CagA: Negative

March - VacA/CagA: Strong Positive

March - Treatment: 7 days of 2x 1g Amoxicillin, 2x 500mg Claritrhomycin, 2x 40mg Pantoprazole

April - VacA/CagA: Weak Positive

May - Lab stool test: negative

May - VacA/CagA: negative

Many thanks again for the support here.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Sounds like you are having fun. Hope you recover soon.
:)

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”