Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H PYLORI STILL POSITIVE

There are several types of tests for H.pylori. The major ones have a their own forum.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

nasser5549

H PYLORI STILL POSITIVE

Post by nasser5549 »

Hello Every one
about a month ago i had a urea breath test for h.pylori and it was positive and I was given the following medicine

1. Opamox 500mg (Amoxicillin B.P) two tablets twice a day for five days .
2. KALACID 500 mg(CLARITHROMYCIN)one tablet twice a day FOR ten days .
3. Flazol 500 mg (metronidazole)one tablet three times a day for five days AFTER THE Opamox.
4. PANTOZOL 40 mg one tablet twice a day for 60 days.

THE MEDICATION STARTED IN 6 JULY 2013
ON 27 JULY2013 (I am still using the PANTAZOL40mg),
I DID THE H. PYLORI AG STOOL TEST AND THE RESULT WAS POSITIVE.

my q's are:
- did i do the test earlier than what it suppose to be
- the antibiotecs didnot work?
-Is the H.PYLORI cureable?
- Do you have any advice for me to get rid of the H.PYLORI.
-can a doctor take a swab of the peptic liquid by an endoscope without taking biobsy to do the culture for h.pylori

Helico_scientist

Re: H PYLORI STILL POSITIVE

Post by Helico_scientist »

Hello,
- it is too early to do your test. You have to wait at least 3 weeks after treatment and be off pantozol for a week.
- if the treatment didn't work you will need to use different antibiotics to eradicate the bacteria.
- H. pylori is curable as long as you are taking the right antibiotics.
- If metronidazole and clarithromicin didn't work, it probably means that your bacteria is resistant to these antibiotics. Here, we prescribe antibiotics like rifabutin or ciprofloxacin. You could ask your doctor about these.
- Doing biopsy is the ONLY way of culturing the bacteria which can allow us to do sensitivity testing.
Hope this answer your questions

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

breath/stool test tends to have false negative. especially when you are still taking PPI. So, I believe your positive result is true.

20 days is the minimum. however if it is negative, i would do it again 2 months later to be sure. In your case, you dont have to repeat as you are positive.

the antibiotics you took, most likely not working.

we believe that all h. pylori is curable.

you can try read this article that we published. we suggested some for antibiotics combinations for antibiotic resistant patients.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 12089/full

here is the supportive document summarise the treatment.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10 ... 4ca1d1eb37

nasser5549

Post by nasser5549 »

hello sir
thanks for the reply
the study mentioned that the Pre-treatment H. pylori antibiotic sensitivity tests is to be done, how they could do that ? and how they will obtain the sample with out an endoscopy?
and in my case do you suggest some regimens so i can disscuss it with my doctor?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

we did endoscopy, culture the bacteria and test for the antibiotic sensitivity. the alternative method without endoscopy is by doing string test. i'll tell you more about string test if you are interested. anyway, probably no one else do this in the clinical setup.

Nevertheless, we later published a follow up study on patients without endoscopy. similar cure rate was observed.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 12250/full

Our primary treatment for patients who failed conventional therapy is PARC. Discuss with your doctor about the side effect management.

nasser5549

Post by nasser5549 »

Hello Sir

thank you a lot for this valueable information
just to make sure that I got you right

for the Amoxicillin 1 × 1000 mg tablet, 3 times daily i.e the daily dose ( 3x1000mg = 3000 mg per day) for 10 days

Rifabutin 1 × 150 mg tablet, 2 times daily for 5 days – i.e the daily dose (150x2=300mg) starting on Day 6.
Ciprofloxacin 1 × 500 mg tablet, 2 times daily for 5 days – i.e the daily dose (500x2=1000 mg) starting on Day 6.

I need to confirm this as I am going to see my doctor soon

thanking you in advance

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

looks right. you should bring along the paper and discuss with your doctor about the availability and potential side effect management.

Raj567890

Post by Raj567890 »

I am suffering from this bug since 2010, and I have had three rounds of ( 2 of triple and one of quadruple therapy) to no avail. I got dso frustrated and sick with the bug that I started looking for alternate means to cure this. I do believe some all natural herbs like Mastic and monolaurin suppress this vicious bug but do not completely eradicate it. While in the process of losing all hope of getting healed I ran into helico foundation and was excited for the first time in 1000 days that I had a genuine chance of getting HEALED. I think PARC should o the trick, but the problem is I take Ciprofloaxcain ( 2x 500 mg for five to seven days) whenever I get flu. Andover past three years while the hP was in me I took Cipro at least seven to eight times, that means the HP is used to Cipro--kind of semi immune. MY QUESTION IS THIS : Can in the PARC treatment I substitute Ciprofloxacin with Levofloxacin since I have never had that before and the HP bug is not used to it. Would sincerely and gratefully appreciate sound advice. Many thanks in advance :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

unfortunately you cannot replace cipro with levofloxacin. Your H. pylori is most likely resistant to all quinolones.

alternatively, you can try replace cipro with tetracycline, furazolidone or even bismuth.
PART
PARF
PBAF
PBAT

the cure rate of these treatments are published in the following article.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 894.d03t04

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/store/10 ... 4ca1d1eb37

Raj567890

Post by Raj567890 »

Thank you sir for [promptly replying! I really appreciate it. I am travelling to India in September where I will meet with my gastroenterologist and discuss the protocols you've suggested. thank you once again! :)

Return to “Diagnosis and Testing 检测与实验”