Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

How long to heal ulcer

Ulcers of the duodenum and stomach are called peptic ulcers. H.pylori causes most ulcers; other causes are aspirin and arthritis type drugs (NSAIDS). Ulcers can also be in the oesophagus but these are not caused by H.pylori.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

CanGal

How long to heal ulcer

Post by CanGal » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:52 pm

I know it's different for everyone, but if anyone that had ulcers caused by h pylori and healed them, can you tell me how long to expect? I'm on my last day of treatment and the pain is still so bad. I'm afraid to switch to single dose PPI starting tomorrow. I'm also eating a lot of foods that supposedly heal ulcers - bananas, aloe vera gel, fenugreek, vitamin E, etc. Any other anecdotal foods that might speed healing?

Also, can the stool antigen test be performed sooner than the breath test? Or do I have to wait 4 full weeks after antibiotics to do the stool test also?

thanks, any insight is appreciated. :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: How long to heal ulcer

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:31 pm

in general, an ulcer will take about a month to heal. Some people may need longer time, depending on the severity. So, normally if suspect ulcer, doctor will prescribe a one month PPI. extend the duration of PPI if necessary.

CanGal

Post by CanGal » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:15 pm

Okay, thank you.

And for the stool antigen test - does it require a 4 week wait after antibiotics also?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 pm

Yes, you'll have to wait 4 weeks after stopping all antibiotics and PPI. Then only you'll get accurate stool or breath test result.

Return to “Ulcers: Duodenal and Gastric”