Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

New to Helico

Ulcers of the duodenum and stomach are called peptic ulcers. H.pylori causes most ulcers; other causes are aspirin and arthritis type drugs (NSAIDS). Ulcers can also be in the oesophagus but these are not caused by H.pylori.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

New to Helico

Post by Lotsofpain » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:31 am

I am quite new to helicobacter. I have been having pain and diarrhea for several years though all the tests like colonoscopy etc show nothing leading to a diagnosis by exclusion of IBS.

At the moment I have loose stool all the time though not always that frequent and left sided lower abdomen pain. LOads of bloating and wind Can be very sore not least because I have developed anal fissures at some point, Can all this be related to helicobacter.

More recently I have been having problems with my upper abdomen pain sometimes hard to swallow tend to cough.

Advice please

Re: New to Helico

Post by Helico_scientist » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:57 am

These symptoms might be related to Helicobacter. However, I think the best way to know if you have helicobacter is to do a quick breath test. If it positive, you'll be treated and hopefully your symptoms will go away.

Good luck

Return to “Ulcers: Duodenal and Gastric”