Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Alternative Treatments if Hp Symptoms Persist ??

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

jwalsh04

Alternative Treatments if Hp Symptoms Persist ??

Post by jwalsh04 »

Hi, I am a 24 year old mother of two young children. I was diagnosed with H. pylori about a year ago, after biopsy's were taken from my stomach and intestines. Before I was diagnosed I felt pretty normal, the only symptom I had was severe anemia. I stopped absorbing iron which is why the doctor ordered scopes/biopsy's. My doctor put me on the triple therapy last April which was brutal. I had severe diarrhea, with mucous and blood in it. I would wake up with bleeding noses at night and I was always tired, nauseous and had a hard time regulating my body's temperature. I thought that once I finshed the 2 weeks of therapy that I would feel better and back to normal. However it has been almost 6 months and I still get cramping and diarrhea after everytime I eat. I also experience extreme bloating and nausea. I have changed my diet completely trying to eat only natural foods and eliminating dairy (which really irritates my stomach). I no longer can eat out with my family because I alway get sick right after eating. I want to be the active mother that I used to be but i am always in pain , tired and uncomfortable. I have talked to my doctor about this and he says it normal and had me do a breath test (which i did over a month ago and am still waiting for results) The doctor said that the test results don't really matter because wether it comes back positive or negitive he doesn't think i should have any treatment because my body didn't handle it well last time. ...so then what do i do, just live with H. pylori, and continue to develope more ulcers. And I've read that my chances of gastric cancer are greatly increased with this. I need to be get better so that I can be a better mom. If my doctor doesn't want me to do the treatment again, is there any other treatments out there that anyone has heard of the works??? And should I be worried about the symptoms i'm having (that I didnt have before treatment) even if my doctor isn't concerned??

Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks.
Jodi

bau

Re: alternative treatments ??

Post by bau »

after too many failed attempts to treat this with conventional medicine and now allergies to the antibiotics, I am going to give herbal alternatives a real shot.

I've done a lot of reasearch and found journal articals of studies done on things like coconut (monolaurin), brocolli sprouts (sulphoraphane) which have been shown to kill HP. HP doesn't become resistant to monolaurin , s I've read. I do know drinking coconut milk is very soothing on my stomache much better than regular milk which is hard to digest and creates acid. Its also tastes wonderful :)

I've also read of a certain kind of acidopholis that is supose to be antagonistic to HP, mastic gum, oregano oil, and a few other things. I am not sure if I should combine these with other things I tolerate well like an acid blocker and the bizmuth or just stick to herbals. I'm planning on doing a good long course then get tested if I can, to see if it realy has had an effect on the HP.

If anyone has info or luck with these products mentioned or other suggestions please post them, thanks.

barjammar
Site Admin

Post by barjammar »

Hi there. I colored the previous reply pink because I know that these natural treatments do not work. Perhaps they suppress H.pylori somewhat but the total cure is nearly always requiring antibiotics.
Have a read of the article in my signature line below. Good Luck.
:geek:
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

smith.alan00

Post by smith.alan00 »

Hi I have read your real story and also read about Helicobacter pylori bacteria in wikipedia
really it is very danger bacteria. I am not medically trained person so I could not give you
any medical advice but I could only pray for your complete cure from this disease.

Thanking You....

Smith Alan :)

bau

Post by bau »

:shock: i am shocked at this response, and changing the color of my post?? :x

well so far, I had a severe allergic reaction to the last antibiotics left that I could take, now I have nothing , not even if i get a an infection of something else, my Lyme Disease can not even be treated now. so 'conventional/traditional' medicine has had very very bad consequenses for me. Also the levels of bizmuth I was percribed were so high I now have permanant tinitus from it. If I had not discontinued on my own I could have ended up with hearing loss, devistating for me because I'm a promusician :!:
'conventional' medicine has left me worse off than I started. I CANT take antibiotics, alternative are now my only *ethem* alternative. Would you rather I give up accept my fate and die? Believe me , its tempting but I have family to consider.

On the other hand, the herbal medicines seems to be helping, and providing some needed relief. Your right there they may not cure it, but neither did traditional medicine for me. Quite the opposite .I thank God for the alternative medicine advocates that are helping people that the conventional medical community has failed. For some of us , this is all we have left to turn to. There are people suffering terribly and to downplay things that can make them feel better is wrong. Implying that you should forget about natural remedies is like saying nutrition doesnt matter. :evil:

How many modern drugs have come from natural sources, and just been packaged into a pill? How about a discussion on something like Premarin vs soy? Think about it.

I'm not on here trying to sell anything , I am tryign to survive and help others. I read the desparate pleas on here (of which there are many) of whom conventional medicine has failed. If I find something that even gives symptomatic relief (isn't all most medicines do now anyway, instead of cure?) I want people to know.
I am going to be try an new combonation or herbs this month and see if they are more effective. I'm going to keep trying until I hit on something that realy works, or die trying.

Prayers for everyone suffering from this horrible illness.

:idea: of note on nutrition:
go on youtube and look up "the truth about food" and the "evolution diet" they had some very interesting health results. Seeing as how plants like brocolli can have an effect against H.PYLORI, SHOWN in STUDIES , a diet of this type may be helpful for anyone with digestive problems, and is a very healthy diet in general for most it would seem.

louise

Post by louise »

bau wrote: . . . I CANT take antibiotics, alternative are now my only *ethem* alternative. Would you rather I give up accept my fate and die? Believe me , its tempting but I have family to consider.

On the other hand, the herbal medicines seems to be helping, and providing some needed relief. Your right there they may not cure it, but neither did traditional medicine for me. Quite the opposite .I thank God for the alternative medicine advocates that are helping people that the conventional medical community has failed. For some of us , this is all we have left to turn to. . . .

How many modern drugs have come from natural sources, and just been packaged into a pill? How about a discussion on something like Premarin vs soy? Think about it.

. . . If I find something that even gives symptomatic relief (isn't all most medicines do now anyway, instead of cure?) I want people to know.
I am going to be try an new combonation or herbs this month and see if they are more effective. I'm going to keep trying until I hit on something that realy works, or die trying.
I agree with what bau is saying here . . . I too am allergic to some of the antibiotics . . .
I would be very interested in hearing about the new combination of herbs you are trying . . . please let us know if they offer some relief.

Here is my scenario . . . has anyone else had something similar happen ?
Abdominal pain for probably about 5 years - gallbladder removed 3 years ago - reflux for about 2 years - endoscopy showed gastritis, biopsy was normal, no h-pylori in stomach - h-pylori blood test negative HOWEVER - when I did a test for h-pylori with a stool sample it was POSITIVE! Obviously the blood test is not 100% effective.

Has anyone tried the Matula tea that I see advertised, is it something worth looking into???
I tried the broccoli sprouts, manuka honey and found improvement but symptoms seem to return as soon as I am not taking them, and I don't think at this point I can force another broccoli sprout down. . .

I am open to any suggestions of what to try next - conventional medicine or alternative.

barjammar
Site Admin

Re: Alternative Treatments if Hp Symptoms Persist ??

Post by barjammar »

Sorry for the late reply but you may still be having problems. Firstly, you MUST find out your Hp status. Then if, if the result is negative, you have something else now such as "post antibiotic syndrome". Do some research on that. If you are still POSITIVE for Hp, then you need to consider other treatments but be ready because the only reliable cure will be antibiotics. See my link attached for how you might do that.
Check the link below for information on hard-to-treat cases. Then search the forums for questions and answers similar to yours.
docs/200808%20stenstrom%20Hp%20Treatment.pdf

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”