Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

h pylorie symptoms

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

sadamson

h pylorie symptoms

Post by sadamson »

I just got diagnosed of being + in H pylori. I cant wait to see my GI to hear the gameplan of eradicating this pesky bacteria. But now, I just really want to know how long does it take to get rid of h pylorie symptoms like pain in the top of stomach and lost of appetite? i have really suffered so much coz I always feel like I wanna throw up thats why I dont eat, plus the burning pain in my upper stomach. I'll be lucky to have a 1 thousand calorie a day. I was loosing weight tremedously and I still am and I'm just skins and bones now. how long does it take for me to be normal again. You think it is wise for me to talk to my GI about getting a nutritionist to help me out with my diet? Thanks...

sadamson

Re: h pylorie symptoms

Post by sadamson »

thanks..

luci2010

Post by luci2010 »

Hi Sadamson,

It's really difficult to say how long you will have symptons for... The eradication rate is not 100%, so you really need to do a breath test 28 days after you finish the eradication therapy to make sure you got rid of HP. Some people have symptons for up to one year after eradication, others seem to feel better after just a few weeks. There have also been cases of people developing "functional dyspesia" after eradication of HP... I had my sixth eradication therapy about 3 weeks ago and I still have all the symptons you described :-(

Good luck! Do share your experience with us!

Luci.
Please check the FAQ. If you haven't tried it yet, click here, and look inside the FAQ's. Your question might already be answered.

sadamson

Post by sadamson »

hi luci, i already went to my GI for that appointment, he updated me with the result from my upper endoscopy procedure. he said there was no h pylorie found on my tummy but to make sure, they'll have to do a stool test coz i was possitive in the blood test for h pylorie like a little over a month ago and they gave me antibiotics for that 1. i had clarithromicine, amoxicilin, and omeprazole for 2 weeks. hopefully the bacteria is dead already.they said it could be that there are a lot of colonies in my intistine and the samples were pulled in the middle so just to make sure, that is what the stool test is for. it really upsets me coz i have to wait for like a month to see him again and to find out the result of the stool test, main while im taking nothing and of course the symptoms are killing me. i really hate this discomfort before and after i eat. i also ask to get a dietician coz i'm not really eating right and like i said im already skins and bones, again i have to wait a month for that. well i hope things gonna go right for us. i know somebody from work who got h pylori and his doing pretty good now, i hope we'll be fine like him.take care...

dennis smith

Post by dennis smith »

I have suffered for 40years from the symptoms described. I have tested positive and now on triple dose for 7 days duration. I have spent years presenting to my GP only to be told to take antacids or similar products. My symptoms made me feel very ill at times and concerned at what damage has been done from years of uncontrolled acid reflux. Following digesting food, I have acid reflux, gas distress ,central chest pain,croaky voice,continuous dry-unproductive cough.Light headiness and feeling almost as if I am having a Myocardial infarction? Following my first visit to a new GP -tests and treatment is now ongoing and I am so relieved that perhaps ridding the H pylori will greatly enhance and ease my lot? Thank you for this website which will help me to understand the condition of H pylori infection? I would value any advice from fellow sufferers.

donnaj8887

Post by donnaj8887 »

sadamson wrote:hi luci, i already went to my GI for that appointment, he updated me with the result from my upper endoscopy procedure. he said there was no h pylorie found on my tummy but to make sure, they'll have to do a stool test coz i was possitive in the blood test for h pylorie like a little over a month ago and they gave me antibiotics for that 1. i had clarithromicine, amoxicilin, and omeprazole for 2 weeks. hopefully the bacteria is dead already.they said it could be that there are a lot of colonies in my intistine and the samples were pulled in the middle so just to make sure, that is what the stool test is for. it really upsets me coz i have to wait for like a month to see him again and to find out the result of the stool test, main while im taking nothing and of course the symptoms are killing me. i really hate this discomfort before and after i eat. i also ask to get a dietician coz i'm not really eating right and like i said im already skins and bones, again i have to wait a month for that. well i hope things gonna go right for us. i know somebody from work who got h pylori and his doing pretty good now, i hope we'll be fine like him.take care...
Good post. I appreciate it!

Avigirl

Post by Avigirl »

I too have just been diagnosed with HP, today. I've been having so much stomach/abdominal pain, lost my appetite three weeks ago, lost 8 pounds already and developed severe acid reflux... had ultrasound that came back clear, then had barium swallow, then finally the blood work came back and confirmed HP. I will start the triple treatment this evening and I hope, hope, hope it clears up these symptoms because it's pure agony - but you all know that already!

Does anyone know how once contracts this?

luci2010

Post by luci2010 »

Hi,

No one seems to know exactly how it's contracted. I think it might be contracted via contact with people infected or via food that has been in contact with the bacteria. Some people don't seem to get infected though, my partner never got it eventhough I've been fighting HP for about 2 years. Everyone's immune systems are different I guess.

Wish you all the best!
Luci.
Please check the FAQ. If you haven't tried it yet, click here, and look inside the FAQ's. Your question might already be answered.

Avigirl

Post by Avigirl »

Wonderful news... after the 7 day triple treatment I am doing exceptionally well. All my symptoms/pain disappeared within 4 days of treatment! Obviously I continued with treatment and my appetite reappeared and I've regained the 8 pounds I had lost. I did however get a terrible rash from the antibiotics, but I will take it over the agonizing symptoms of HP!!

Odd thing though... I missed my period for the very first time in my life... I'm wondering if it had anything to do with the triple treatment or HP? (I am for sure NOT pregnant).

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”