Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Negative then positive

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Maria.b

Re: Negative then positive

Post by Maria.b »

Hi could you please explain about my 7 yr old son he has never taken anti biotics infact he tested negative 1 1/2 yrs ago and now positive via blood test can his body fight and he get rid of this himself he has no symptoms but honestly some drs say treat him because i have intestinal metaplasia and some say dont but i cant live the rest of my life worried about this bacteria and i dont want him to suffer like i did. Also is helibacter only contagious when the person has symptoms pls help

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

blood test positive only means he was exposed to H. pylori before. It doesnt mean that he is currently infected with H. pylori.

the stool test is weak positive? it means weak accuracy.

is your son having any symptoms? most children carry H. pylori without any problem. Some scientists even believe that H. pylori is beneficial to children as it trains up the immune system.

if your children has no symptom, dont worry about it. H. pylori is a very chronic infection. It could take decades to get worse.

in your case, your son is most likely negative. can get another breath or stool test next month.

Maria.b

Post by Maria.b »

Hi sorry i dont under stand what u mean blood test shows he was exposed before. To h pylori my son has never had treatment for h pylori and when i was diagnosed my kids actually tested negative by stool my daughter tested negative by blood test last week so im so worried now he has no symptoms but he could easily give it to me my daughter ect and you wrote doesnt mean hes infected now how would this be possible when the blood shows positive thanku for all your help u really are a great help to all suffering xxx

cyprian zimunya

Post by cyprian zimunya »

What causes gastritis other than h pylori , anti inflammatory drugs and spicey food

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Here is one situation how your son may be exposed to H. pylori.

when you (or anyone that carry H. pylori) feed your son, the saliva may contaminate the food. And your son's immune system sees H. pylori, kill it off before H. pylori can colonise (or live) in the stomach.

As long as everyone under the same roof brushes teeth. Then the chance of H. pylori present in the mouth is very low. H. pylori doesnt normally live in the mouth. the mouth is not the natural habitat. H. pylori cannot survive in the mouth. All H. pylori in the mouth is only temporary. A simple teeth brushing is sufficient to remove H. pylori.

elmaest

Post by elmaest »

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:30 am
regardless if you had H. pylori before, it is important to find out if you still carry H. pylori, especially after antibiotic treatment.
So, a follow up test is important. A breath test is probably better than stool test in your case. However, if breath test is not available, then you'll have to rely on stool test. Try to get a number from the stool test. not just a positive or negative. The strength of the positive or negative would give you a hint on how accurate the test is.

Yes, it is common that the symptoms may persist even after H. pylori eradication. However, the symptoms are weaker and will gradually get better.

Yes, anxiety will make it worse. Anxiety can trigger all gastric symptoms like H. pylori.

Usually after H. pylori eradication, the appetite will return and patient will gain weight. However, anxiety also plays an important role in appetite.

There are people having the symptoms but without H. pylori. These patients can only control the symptoms by taking PPI or H2 blocker.

If you did not eradicate H. pylori, your symptoms will likely to get worse. So it is best to have it eradicated.

Thank you for replying, i made a check up stool test today after 1 month of finishing triple therapy, came back negative.
I dont know either to be happy or not :(
I am feeing improvements but still not 100%
I am having my appetite back slightly better than before
Feeing a but nauseous in mornings but overall better but not best
What should i do?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

improvement could be slow. How's your BMI? if your BMI is too low, you could experience weakness.

elmaest

Post by elmaest »

Checked my BMI, in the normal range.
Im having a bit of jaundice sometimes, is that related to h pylori?
What other check tests should i make?
Im really tired of these symptoms it has almost been 4 months.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

tiredness could also due to lack of iron and/or B12. which these two are related to H. pylori.

I dont think jaundice is related to H. pylori. Nevertheless, do check with your doctor about your concern.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”