Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

I need help i am desperate

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

cyprian zimunya

I need help i am desperate

Post by cyprian zimunya »

Hi helico expect i have some few questions to ask about h pylori .at first i was tested for h pylori blood test and it was positive and i was given clarith ,tinadazole,and omeprazole for Two weeks and after that i started to feel well i also took omeprazole for about 1 week after i finished my antiniotics course ..after about two weeks the symptoms reoccur and an endoscopy was done in march and it should chronic gastritis but no evidence of h pylori then my doctor thought that maybe i still have the infection based on histology so i was given another antibiotics(tetra+metro+bismuth sucarbonate+ eso) but nothing is working and i think im stuck.. i feel mild pain all day but at night i sleep well .the endoscopy did not show massive ulcers but only my stomach was swelling .. my qustions are as follows

1 did i made a mistake by stopping ppi after 1 week . I heard some people saying if you just stop ppi all of a sudden it will make your stomach to produce more acids than before?

2 how long should i wait for stool taste to be done after taking antibiotics ?

3 if i done the stool test and come up negative does that means i should take ppis for longer time or for months ?

4 if its true that my stomach is producing much acid how much dose should i take per day of ppis?

5 lastly should consider switching ppis for example omeprazole to esomeprazole because i think omeprazole doesn't work for me?

6 lastly how long should i take ppis if my chronic gastritis is caused by too much acid my stomach is producing ?

I hope you will help me and answer my questions .im a student and this has affected me a lot

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: I need help i am desperate

Post by Helico_expert »

Most importantly is to clarify if you are still carrying H. pylori. You can stop PPI and switch to Ranitidine for two weeks and the repeat the stool or breath test.

Ranitidine is a fast acting but short live acid blocker. omeprazole is a slow acting but long live acid blocker. Because ranitidine doesnt stay in your body long, it will not affect the breath/stool test result.

Your Gastroenterologist should have done a Rapid Urease test and send a biopsy for histology at that time. Either of these tests will tell you if you are still infected with H. pylori.

You will only recover if you are truly free of H. pylori.

Some people can develop gastric symptoms after eradication of H. pylori. Because of stomach has been infected for so long, and when the bacteria is finally gone, it's trying to adjust itself to a bacteria free state.

after you done the breath/stool test and proven that you are free of H. pylori, then you can manage your gastric symptom by PPI, perhaps rabeprazole.

cyprian zimunya

Im finishing another course of antibiotics tomorrow, So i should wait for two weeks for the stool test to be done while im taking ranitidine ?
If the results come up positive whats next because i have tried most of the antibiotics available in my country

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yes. you can continue Ranitidine for another 2 weeks or more, until the night before breath/stool test.

What you are having is already very strong antibiotics. Let's be optimistic that you'll be cured. We can discuss other options when you get a positive test result.
:)

All the best.

cyprian zimunya

Hi helico . I received my results today for h pylori (stool test) and it came up negative .i have done what you have said after i finished my antibiotics. I waited 3 weeks while on ranitidine until the night before i had my stool antigen test on Friday as you said that you should wait atleast 2 weeks . What worries me is that there are no changes yet since i finished my antiniotics .
I want to ask a few questions lets hope you will be able to help me

1 i had an endoscopy in January and the biopsies showed gastric body and antral mucosa with lamina propria oedema congestion and moderate chronic inflammation that includes occasional lymphoid aggregates .
No organisms were identified .
The glandular epithelium shows regenerative changes.
There was no evidence of dysplasia or malignancy.
-After this because i was on ppi a week before the endoscopy so the gastroenterologist asumed that i might have still carrying hpylori so i was given another therapy which i finished and waited for 3 weeks to have a stool test and it can up negetive

-My main question is should rely on ppis since my stool test is negative ?

- can i take omeprazole for about 8 weeks 20mg twice a day then stop taking them gradually ?

- how long does it take for omeprazole to work properly ?

-can i take probiotics now eg yogurt ?, can i also take zinc hours after ppi to improve my immune system?

- since i heard that h pylori cause much damage will i be able to recover im 20 years now and this has affected me a lot

- can i aslo be able to take shark liver oil ?

- the endoscopy in January did not show much damage just that my stomach wa swollen.

-should i give my stomach more time to heal while on ppis .is it possible for my stomach to take up to 3 or more months to heal ?

- will it heal eventually ?

I hope you will answe as many questions as you can

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

- My main question is should rely on ppis since my stool test is negative ?
- can i take omeprazole for about 8 weeks 20mg twice a day then stop taking them gradually ?
If you still have symptoms, and you feel better when you are on PPI, then you can continue on. You can try out 8 weeks and gradually stop it.

By the way, there are other brands of PPI, you might want to experiment on other brand, eg. Rabeprazole. I suggest this because some people are not very sensitive to omeprazole.

- how long does it take for omeprazole to work properly ?
Usually within a day or two, your acid level should drop.

-can i take probiotics now eg yogurt ?, can i also take zinc hours after ppi to improve my immune system?
- can i aslo be able to take shark liver oil ?
you can take whatever you want now.

- since i heard that h pylori cause much damage will i be able to recover im 20 years now and this has affected me a lot
-should i give my stomach more time to heal while on ppis .is it possible for my stomach to take up to 3 or more months to heal ?
- the endoscopy in January did not show much damage just that my stomach wa swollen. will it heal eventually ?
You are still very young. I assume you do not have family history of gastric cancer. Very likely you will be back to normal. However, anxiety can always make things worse. Try distract yourself from thinking about it. The more you think about it, the more you will feel something is wrong. Without H. pylori, your condition will only get better.

cyprian zimunya

Thank you for your response i hope as you say lets hope that my stomach will heal.
There is no history of gastric cancer in my family
I cannot get access to rabeprazole but perhaps lansoprazole, omeprazole, esomeprazole, pantoprazole. Which is the best among those

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

so you think omeprazole is not working?
you can talk to your doctor about the idea of switching PPI.

cyprian zimunya

Its working the heartburn is gone but stomach pain almost through out the day .but i think i should take omeprazole and give it time and also gives time for my stomach to heal.
What do you say about this?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Most important is you are free of H. pylori now. Continue the PPI since it's working. Talk to your doctor about the pain if it doesnt improve in another week or two.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”