Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Stomach ulcer - confused!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

kam00096

Stomach ulcer - confused!

Post by kam00096 »

Hi guys am new to the forum and looking for some advice. Basically have had problems with my stomach for years but over the last 6 months have started with Globus/ lump in my throat too. Was put on Omeprazole but stopped them around 3 weeks before I was sent for an endoscopy. They found a stomach ulcer but I tested negative for h. pylori..?! I don’t take a lot of NSAIDS but I was a smoker. Now they’re wanting to treat me for h. pylori and rescope me in 8 weeks. I’m really reluctant to take the triple therapy when I’ve had a negative result but the docs just say sometimes the test can be wrong and it’s better to treat than not. As far as I’m aware the test is like 95% accurate?! Still waiting on biopsy results and terrified it’s not an ulcer at all and don’t know what to do about treatment!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Stomach ulcer - confused!

Post by Helico_expert »

Histology is usually more accurate than breath or stool test because it's viewed by human. But histology is not 100% and human can make mistake, especially when the bacteria number is low.

You are right that stomach ulcers are normally caused by H. pylori and NSAIDs. Since you do not take NSAIDs, then the possibility of H. pylori is high.

There are also examples that PPI alone eradicated H. pylori. Then again, example like this is very very rare. When situation like this happen, normally we would rely on histology result as it would hint if the immune cells are retreating or still actively gathering. If the immune cells are retreating, then the H. pylori is gone. otherwise, it would be a hint that some H. pylori still present.

bamboo68

Re: Stomach ulcer - confused!

Post by bamboo68 »

If you are stuck in finding right treatment protocol, I share an effective way to be against with GERD, Acid reflux, Gastritis, gnawing or heating in stomach completely without side effect. You shouldn't use PPI, H2 Blocker or similar medicines (Nexium, Omeprazole, Cimetidine, Ranitidine, Famotidine, Magnesium ...) to prevent stomach acid secretion for a long time, it can cause side effect (tired, undigested, osteoporosis, ...). You should remember that nothing in our body is useless including stomach acid, so you need to find other ways to balance it instead of preventing it. My effective way I want to share with all of you as followings:

- Whenever you feel uncomfortable in your stomach, try to acupressure "Zhong Wan" acupuncture point. This point is very useful in relieving pain in abdomen area immediately. This point was found out by traditional Chinese medicine, it is proved to balance stomach function and adjust autonomic nervous system disorders.

- When a child was born, they breathe by belly instead of chest. When we breathe by belly, we'll inhale more oxygen and exhale more carbon dioxide so our blood'll be more red. Nowadays we are too busy in life, we get inhabit of breathing by chest, it's not good for our health. Belly breath is also very useful in digestion process especially for bowel movement, you should change your breath way every day by practise belly breath. The belly breath also support very well in reducing stomach problems.

- Food is so important for digestive patients. You should choose suitable food for your body, you needn't advoid too much. Some foods may be bad for these people but you totally can eat if they don't cause pain for you. If you avoid too much, you may be critical nutrient deficiency. Of course you should avoid or limit harmful foods or drink as: Too sweet, too sour, too spicy foods, wine, beer, coffee, smoking.

- About treatment protocols for GERD, Acid Reflux, Gastritis, Ulcers:
+ If you have HP bacteria, you need to use right antibiotic protocols to kill them first.
+ For acute pain: If you just suffer from stomach problems, you can use antacid medicines (PPI, H2 Blocker, Aluminium hydroxyde + magnesium carbonate ...)
+ For chronic pain (Acid Reflux, Gastritis, Ulcers for a long time): Until now Western medicine still don't find medicines to cure for these cases, patients who unluckily suffer from these chronic pains should find about Eastern medicine. Eastern medicine will combine fresh medical plants based on many years experience ago, it's proved very effective in treating chronic gastric pain and not side effect. I also introduced a type of powder of Eastern medicine in https://curethegut.blogspot.com/p/natur ... those.html, it cured completely for many GERD, gastritis, gastric ulcer people.

I hope these above information will be useful for patients.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”