Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Re-infection...or something else?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

LeslieAJ

Re: Re-infection...or something else?

Post by LeslieAJ »

As far as re-infection, my GI doc said people who are susceptible can definitely get reinfected. Also if others in your family have it and are not treated they can reinfect you. Recent thinking is that it can be transferred by saliva, they are not really sure. The naturalpath thought process on infection is different than the MD in that they people who are susceptible have low stomach acid and therefore are more sucepible to infection as your stomach acid is your first defense against bad bacteria etc.

I would also add that when I went back to my gi with my GI Map results that she said after antibiotics they suggest waiting two months to re- test. There are a lot of ways to get a false negative result.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Your story sounds really similar to mine :mrgreen:
I had eradication confirmed with biopsy in November

Every now and then I get a bad period with stomach aches burns fatigue nausea etc but it goes away quickly in less than 3-4 days.

My stomach went through all the possible combinations of pain but right now hunger feels a bit painful and I get a slight pain in the head of the chest after I eat for about 30 mins coupled with burping and rarely acid reflux

I also did a test today and I’m expecting results on Monday.

It just takes a lot of time to heal, it’s been 2 month since I finished antibiotics and I feel much better but I’m still not near like new but I got a lot of patience.

Good luck !

BeatingHPylori

Post by BeatingHPylori »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm
reinfection is very rare. unless people living with you has poor hygiene. eg. not brushing teeth and not washing hands after toilet.

if in doubt, you can always get a breath test done to double confirm your HP infection status.
I did another stool test and it came back negative, I guess it may be symptomatic due to the stress of thinking it’s pyloric related again.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Yea, try to relax and think positively. Mental stress can definitely induce some guts problem.

Daisy

Post by Daisy »

Raisa wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:32 am
Hi Daisy When did your loss of appetite get better ?Because I was recently diagnosed with hp and my life turned upside down with all these symptoms but luckily they are improving little by little .
Hi Raisa, I’m sorry that I didn’t see your question until today. My symptoms improved over several days at the end of December but now (March) they are back again. I never got retested but am thinking I really need to go that route since the time between occurrences is getting shorter. I hope you are h. pylori free!!

Atrix

Post by Atrix »

After eradication I remain symptomatic as well, although I completed quadruple-bismuth therapy more than a year ago and did two endoscopies to confirm the treatment success. They both (rapid urease test and biopsy half a year later) turned out a negative result. Other tests, blood work, ultrasound were ok too. I attribute the symptoms to the purging effect of antibiotics on the stomach, which can last up to 10 years as I read and / or a thing called functional dyspepsia, when there no single, organic cause for symptoms can be found. I have read practically everything about functional dyspepsia available on the net. E.g. there are research papers proving that eradication of h.pylori in patients having non-ulcer-dyspepsia doesn't always bring symptom relief to the extent observed in ulcer patients after eradication. Now, what I found helpful in mitigating my intermittent stomach symptoms. First and foremost, freshly pressed carrot juice. One glass a day already does the trick. Two are even better. In addition, I found plant-basesd stomach tincture Iberogast helpful. But please be aware that some rare cases of liver toxicity have been reported in regards to these drops containing milk thistle. Best of luck to all.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”