Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Helicobacter and Travel

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Lola28

Helicobacter and Travel

Post by Lola28 »

My son is getting married in Bali and has asked us to visit Bali in february to check out wedding venues.
I am currently positive for Helicobacter and taking NexiumH7 (Yuk). I am scared to travel to a developing country in case I contract it again (assuming I will test negative in around 5 weeks time!) Am I over reacting or am I right to be cautious.
I have no idea how long I've had this but the enamel is worn off all off the back of all my teeth due to acid reflux (dentist raised concern 8 months ago). I had issues with seriously low B12 & iron about 3 years ago with no know cause. I have felt as if i have either an auto immune disease of fibromyalgia for years and suspect it has been this infection all along.
Any advice welcome, my gut is telling me not to go but I wonder if i'm just being dramatic about it.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Helicobacter and Travel

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori dont spread easily. You wont catch it from street food or drinks.

However, since you have reflux symptom, it is better you keep your oral clean by frequent brushing teeth. That will reduce the chance of spreading H. pylori to other people.

H. pylori is associate with B12 and iron deficiency. Hopefully your Nexium HP7 treatment is successful, and you'll get a good stomach and resolve your B12 and iron problem. one stone hitting many birds.

Have a good trip to Bali.

Lola28

Post by Lola28 »

Thank you :)

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Helico_expert wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 am
H. pylori dont spread easily. You wont catch it from street food or drinks.

However, since you have reflux symptom, it is better you keep your oral clean by frequent brushing teeth. That will reduce the chance of spreading H. pylori to other people.

H. pylori is associate with B12 and iron deficiency. Hopefully your Nexium HP7 treatment is successful, and you'll get a good stomach and resolve your B12 and iron problem. one stone hitting many birds.

Have a good trip to Bali.

How does it spread ? I heard a thousand theories about either from air to food/drinks to fecal matters etc

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

The most believable theory is that you catch your H. pylori when you are young. Your mother, or carer, spoon fed you with a contaminated spoon. In many culture, mother would
1. lick clean the spoon.
2. blow to reduce food temperature.
3. chew the food the mince the food.
4. chew the food to remove bones.
etc

the feeding period is normally 2-3 years, and you only need 1 successful infection during that period, you are infected for life.

this practice is gradually replaced by modern kitchenware in modern society. In addition, personal hygiene, especially oral hygiene, is maintained in modern world. hence the prevalence of H. pylori is reducing rapidly in the modern city.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

I dont know how credible that is.
I had my infection and my mom tested herself to make sure she is fine and she came back negative so do the rest of my family.
And how could it possibly spread from breath ? Than it’s mega contagious.
Does it enter the blood stream?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you are one of the rare case.

perhaps you caught it from carer or child care?

in modern society where both parents have to work, sometimes grandparents/nanny are asked to help. Sometimes, children are sent to day care.

it is also possible to catch it from kissing, but that's rare in modern society. because of oral hygiene is usually well taken care of.

H. pylori cannot be spread by breath. there is theory that H. pylori can be spread by contaminated water source. but I am very doubtful about it because H. pylori cannot survive well outside human body. it has to be spread in close contact. in modern society, because of the good hygiene practice, H. pylori is disappearing.

H. pylori does not enter blood stream.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”