Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Any help is appreciated.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

hello_world

Any help is appreciated.

Post by hello_world »

Greetings,

I just wanted to share my experience regarding h pylori and i hope i might get answers to some of my questions.
(Sorry but this post is quiet long 😁)

This past September (second week of September) i had a lunch at a restaurant and remember immediately feeling bloated and nauseous and I was quiet sure that i was about to get sick. After a few hours, i was feeling feverish and after reaching home, i measured my temp was 101.

The next day i went to a physician who prescribed me meds for food poisoning. He also told me to get a blood and a stool test done. The report came the next day and he said everything seemed normal. I was burping insanely immediately after meals and he prescribed an antacid.

Having completed the meds, i went to work the next week (was still feeling sick). I had a panic attack for the first time in my life out of nowhere and i rushed to the ER. I thought it was a heart attack. They said heart was fine. I did ecg, echo and tmt. They said heart was fine and it was just a panic attack. I went home but as the days went on, i became more and more anxious and i had no idea what was causing it. Burping continued, mild stomach aches were there.

I knew all those problems must have something to do with my stomach. So i visited a gastroenterologist. I told him i was having constant heart palpitations, i was always anxious, i had stomach ache, i told him everything. He asked me to carry out an endoscopy and an ultrasound test. They collected a tissue sample that day during endoscopy and sent it for biopsy, the result of which was due in a couple of days.
The endoscopy said mild antral Gastritis and mild duodentiis.
During that time, he prescribed pantoprazole and domsal. I got a serious side effect due to domstal (brain fog, was not happy - sad). I visited him again to tell him about this and get the biopsy result. He told me to stop domstal.

The biopsy result said H pylori positive.

Then came the flood of medicines.
amoxicillin 1gm x 2
clarithromycin 500mg x 2
Pantoprazole 40mg x 2

Started this regime on Oct 1st and ended on 14th.
Day 1 - 3: felt soo much better (like normal).
Day 4: ate something fatty, had a panic attack (mood goes down as i was thinking the med was working).
Day 5-14: had good days and bad days. The right chest used to hurt. It went down gradually. Palpitations slowly went down. Still stomach was not okay. Pinching like feeling, noises and such. Gas was still there but not much. Bloating was still there.

After this, the doctor had told me to continue taking Pantoprazole for 30 more days, once a day. Was continuing on that but started having constipation.
Doc again prescribed sucralfate suspension and ganaton 50.

During the Pantoprazole use, i started having massive constant headaches, like pinching in my head on left side. Eye used to hurt, jaw pain. Stool was of a yellowish color. Also stool was very loose. Also had a bout of common cold (no idea if this was due to medicine or not).

I went to see the doctor about this and he told me to stop taking Pantoprazole and see what happens for a week.
( i was taking Pantoprazole for 40 days at this point)

Now after stopping Pantoprazole, headache is there occasionally but not so severe. Stool still has not returned to the normal consistency. However, i sometimes have this urge to cough out of nowhere. Also, i felt a strange pain around my left tonsil this morning.

Burping is definitely less but i am farting (excuse my language) a lot more, especially after waking up from my sleep in the morning.

Also there are pains in the stomach but not very much. I do have a stuffy nose and mild forehead and eye pain.

I wanted to ask if these aftereffects are normal???

Thank you. 😊

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Any help is appreciated.

Post by Helico_expert »

the side effect different from people to people. if it is the side effect from PPI or the antibiotics, it should gradually go away within a week after stopping.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”