Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Help? I’m clueless

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Bt86

Re: Help? I’m clueless

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:02 pm
Most of the people here have symptoms because of H. pylori. For those who has similar symptoms but not related to H. pylori, could be due to genetic factor or environmental.

at the moment, we dont know if there is another pathogen other than H. pylori. As a scientist, we are never ending searching for this "not discovered pathogen". So far, nothing significant is found, other than H. pylori.

I suppose you can see a dietitian or immunologist to find out if you are allergic to certain food. sometimes, changing diet can help improve symptoms.
But gastritis can be caused by a few things correct? I’m just saying if one can eliminate the hp then it gives the gut a chance to heal minus an infection. If there is no infection to begin with and diet, stress or even potentially a viral thing threw off the bodies chemistry over time then wouldn’t you be one step ahead of the game? Let’s eliminate the cause, and a solution is possible...that’s my thinking. Hp being one of the causes. It’s not a good sensitivity, this came over me within a 48 hour window and could have potentially been exasperated by neglecting the nature of not knowing what was happening. Suddenly in the midst of feeling all this pain my stomach felt wounded inside like the stomach lining was burning. That’s where we started. My doctor believes it could be a few things, one being diet and eating large portions for a very very long time, i bodybuilding. The other being stres and potentially a virus on top of that and then perpetually increasing the severity because I wasn’t adjusting those first couple weeks.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i agree. in Australia, only 20% of the gastric problem is due to H. pylori. 80% of them are because of other unknown reason. For those 80%, the only solution is taking medication (such as PPI or Domperidone) to control the symptoms.

i agree that diet and mental stress can definitely induce gastric symptoms. Since you are not infected by H. pylori, you can probably try changing diet to help improve your symptoms.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 pm
i agree. in Australia, only 20% of the gastric problem is due to H. pylori. 80% of them are because of other unknown reason. For those 80%, the only solution is taking medication (such as PPI or Domperidone) to control the symptoms.

i agree that diet and mental stress can definitely induce gastric symptoms. Since you are not infected by H. pylori, you can probably try changing diet to help improve your symptoms.
Do you suggest staying on a ppi till the gastritis is gone? Or do you think it’s playing a role in prolonging the process?

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

I’m going to ease up for a couple days on the PPI. I don’t see any improvement since starting it. Had zero reflux issues in my entire life. I’m getting worse with every drug being added. I can’t even break down food because the acid production is so low. We’ll see how it goes. Only used for a month. Rebound might be an issue but ANYTHING is better than this. Haven’t eaten a thing in almost three days. Crackers for one meal and an English muffin. Seriously have to change something. My stomach is not open for business with the current protocol.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if you dont have reflux symptom, there is probably no need for PPI. you can keep some ranitidine and take some when you need it.

ranitidine is a fast acting acid suppressor. but it doesnt last very long. PPI is slow acting acid suppresor and will last longer in the body, which gives a more complete suppression on acid secretion.

you probably need to see a immunologist to check for food allergies.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:57 am
if you dont have reflux symptom, there is probably no need for PPI. you can keep some ranitidine and take some when you need it.

ranitidine is a fast acting acid suppressor. but it doesnt last very long. PPI is slow acting acid suppresor and will last longer in the body, which gives a more complete suppression on acid secretion.

you probably need to see a immunologist to check for food allergies.
Yeah one morning after this whole episode happened it just felt like acid was burning my stomach from the inside. Since they put me on the ppi which was right away they were convinced I’ve always had a reflux issue, which is not true whatsoever. Anywho the gastritis has caused some more frequent burping, and random stomach pains, also feeling insanely full for days on end so today I just said screw it and didn’t take my protonix. I ate three meals, for the most part the appetite was there 100% and was trying my best to not be anxious during meals. It’s tough mentally with everything this ordeal has put me through. At no point in my life have I had issues like this or with any food intolerance, ever! So an overnight episode turned my life upside down. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I feel somewhere along the line the arsenal of treatment wasn’t merited and maybe I can recover without it. I feel like my stomach acid is so low my food just sits there all day and takes forever to travel down. I could be wrong but there is nothing wrong with experimenting. I was convinced in the beginning I’d exasperated an ulcer or formed one but the doctors said no blood so probably not. Sort of a lame excuse considering it’s highly possible. Especially in the beginning when my stomach was empty, o my goodness it hurt, but that subsided after a couple weeks. This last week is when the appetite went to hell. Either way, just knowing recovery is possible eases my anxiety. All I read are horrific stories making me feel like in so deep into an illness it’s bigger than my capabilities of recovering. But that’s probably my anxiety speaking for me.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Domperidone is usually given to help food pass the stomach quicker. perhaps you can talk to your doctor about it. also, you may have to avoid eating food that is hard to digest, eg. apple with skin.

by the way, food allergy is a funny thing. i myself use to be able to drink milk. then one day, during my university time, my body decided to become lactose intolerance. so now i cant drink milk.

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

It’s very possible! Something I have to figure out and do allergy tests for. Be good to get an idea of foods that I think agree with me but do not!

Bt86

Post by Bt86 »

Helico_expert wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Do you know why it is that with gastritis you feel so full and burp so much? Those two are hard for me to figure out!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

the truth is, I dont know. I know a friend who is free of H. pylori and has an absolutely healthy stomach, and she burbs a lot whenever she is stressed. For example, during exam, on stage, giving speech, etc.

if you had done all the possible tests (CT scan, endoscopy, colonoscopy, ultrasound, blood tests) and showed that you are healthy, then I think you are not in the danger zone.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”