Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Helicobacter symtomps reverse after treatment

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Helicobacter symtomps reverse after treatment

Post by Helico_expert »

I am not sure. But H. pylori can do lots of damage in the stomach and may cause bile problem.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Follow up
It's been 2 and a half months since I stopped the treatment.

The good part is

I took a test after being off PPIs for 3 weeks and it came back negative.

The bad part is

I still don't feel nearly 100%.
Many of the symptoms are still there yet much milder but it seems like they refuse to go away.
I had a doctors appointment and until further testing he suspects its either a dyspeptic syndrome or gallbladder problems.
I know this could be just the post treatment recovery phase which I know it takes a long time for some (I had the bacteria for maybe 8 active months) but it still seems like forever to me.
Will keep you updated

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

thanks for the update. your information is important to us.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Quick update:

Symtoms are not going away for some reason

It's been 4 months since I stopped treamtement.

H Pylori came back negative when I had an endoscopy in November and in Jan when I was off PPIs for 3 weeks.

I changed my doctor but no one knows why I'm not recovering..

The current doctor suspects that I still have H Pylori but I doubt that I still have ( after 2 negative tests). She insists that the stool test is not that accurate even tho it's one of the best ones.

Symptoms are the same:
Pain in the stern
Feeling of fullness
Gnawing
Pain after I eat and nausea when I'm hungry

I only had 2 possible theories:
I still have H Pylori
It's taking longer to recover

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

stool test is usually very accurate. However, the accuracy can depend on the technician. Your doctor must have her reason for not trusting the result. Perhaps you can ask her for other diagnostic test? eg. breath test, serology test, endoscopy - histology?

ps: serology can only tell you history of infection. However, if H. pylori is eradicated, the titre of the antibody should gradually reduced. So, if you do a measurement now, and another in 3-6 months time, you should see the decrease.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

I think the real reason why she doesn't trust them is because a lot of small clinics use very cheap tests that are inaccurate (the one I took didn't tell me a concentration of something it just said negative on the report) and that's why I'm also skeptical about it because I might have been close to the limit but these cheap ones that you get from eBay are hit or miss.
I will take a breathing test in 2 weeks I just quit ppis
Will keep you updated

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Little update:

Test came back positive

Had a 14 day treatment with Amoxicllin and Levofloxacin

I'm due another test in 2 weeks.

Sympthoms are not better, but I noticed something very strange
I feel better off PPIs that on them. Whenever I use them I get this weird discomfort/pain in my stomach after eating.I usually get it without PPIs too but the symptoms seem milder without PPIs and I can't wrap my head around it ...

Any clue?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

That's bad luck.

So you have tried
Amoxicillin
Clarithromycin
Levofloxacin

In your next treatment, you can ask your doctor for
Rabeprazole 20mg 3x a day
Amoxicillin 1g 3x a day
Bismuth 240mg 4x a day

H. pylori can never become resistant to the two drugs above.

Then you need one extra antibiotic to boost the cure rate. which you can ask the doctor for any of the below, (sorted by safety, less side effect from top)

metronidazole
rifabutin
tetracycline
furazolidone.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn »

Hello

Thanks for the reply

My doctor said last time I went to get the treatment that if I don’t get it solved with this combo she might want to try a new sequential treatment

Are they more effective ?

Also one question

There are private clinics that do endoscopes and take biopsies in order to determine h pylori resistance but my doctor advices against it and the reasoning is that it’s very difficult to get a sample of h pylori to live outside the stomach and its a waste of money.

What do you think ?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

sequential means..
you take PPI and Amoxicillin for 5 days, then PPI + Amox + 2 other antibiotics for another 5 days.
the idea is to kill majority of the strain in the first 5 days and kill off the rest with other antibiotics.

Concomitant means..
take all 4 tables together.

I think the antibiotic choice is more important than how you administrated it.

if the strain is resistant to the antibiotics, it doesnt matter if you take it the Sequential way or concomitant way. So it's up to your doctor. She should know the local strains better than anyone else in the forum.

in regards to HP culture. She is right if the laboratory is not skill enough. Normal laboratory only has 30% chance of culturing HP. A specialize lab like ours can grow 90% of the HP. So you might want to call up and find out their success rate in culturing HP.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”