Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Helicobactor unresponsive to antibtiocis (after second round) advice please

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Megan2405

Helicobactor unresponsive to antibtiocis (after second round) advice please

Post by Megan2405 »

Hi,

I was first diagnosed with helicobactor after pushing my GP for a test as he was adamant I didn't have this but I had symptoms since returning from bali and getting really bad food poisoning in November 2011 which resulted in me loosing 9 pounds in one week. Finally had the test July 18 and was diagnosed, first line treatment was amoxicillin, clarithromycin and lanzaprazole (which made my life hell). I spent two weeks inside my house because none of my clothes fitted me from being so bloated, I was constantly on the toilet, extreme fatigue and headaches, burning sensation in my stomache and kidneys was worse than EVER. At this point I'd gained about 5 pounds that I couldn't shift no matter how much I worked out/cut calories.

Once I finished the dose I went to see a private doctor who recommended I had a endoscopy and a camera in my colon as they were worried I had IBD. The helicobactor was still there but no other diagnosis, fast forward two weeks I was given amoxicillin, levofloxacin and omeprazole began the course and started instantly vomiting and feeling very unwell (stomach pain etc). I have been told to stop all treatment.

I have now been told by my private doctor they need to do a further endoscopy to take a live culture biopsy of the h pylori, then send it off to the lab and see what it responds too. Apparently I am one of the rare cases where there is no response to the usual first and second line treatment. I have now gained a total of 9 pounds, I have tried all my usual weight loss methods cutting calories, high intensity work outs and I cannot loose weight. I constantly have the nagging sensation in my stomache, headaches, when I do eat my stomache makes crazy noises and I am extremely tired all the time (tested for iron, b vitamin levels all clear). My stools constantly smell of chemicals also, I had IBS for many years but nothing like this.

My questions for people on this forum. Have you ever heard of this biopsy testing for h pylori sufferers? Is anyone with the h pylori really struggling to loose weight or have gained weight from this? as all I see is people talking about weight loss.

Any ideas/advice is welcomed as I am feeling very fed up. I have also tried a teaspoon of high manuka factor honey and lemon every morning as I was told this helps but I have not seen the difference.

Thanks all!
Megan

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Helicobactor unresponsive to antibtiocis (after second round) advice please

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi Megan,

in our clinic, we only see patients with the most resistant strains and by doing the culture and antibiotic testing, our success rate in eradicating multi drug resistant H. pylori is over 90%.

Megan2405

Re: Helicobactor unresponsive to antibtiocis (after second round) advice please

Post by Megan2405 »

Thank you such a relief can't wait to get it sorted!

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”