Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

My HP Story - In Progress

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

vishrvn

My HP Story - In Progress

Post by vishrvn » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:03 am

Hello everyone,

First off, thank you to all of you, the community, the experts and everyone behind this beautiful forum, you've made me stay sane :D

Background,

25 y.o Indian guy in the US of A, 'was' obese ( ~205 lbs, now down to 195 lbs), vegetarian diet, no real history of health issues
Sequence of events,

1. June 28th - Ache on the left side of my body, right below the ribs, almost on the flank edge --> Panic attack drives me to the ER, Ultrasound and urine blood test, all check out as good

2. Relocated to a new city over a week --> Pain exists but the excitement of the move doesn't make it too bothersome

3. July 13th - Meet with new doctor --> Diagnoses it as stress/anxiety related to the move, I nod along but manage to pull of a GI referral, got CBC and full panel blood test, with Lipase, all checked out as good

4. Pain exists for the entire month, manifesting in different locations, RUQ, LUQ, belly button region, lower abdomen etc. Most times it goes away after a few minutes, feels like nothing exists, but then comes back again. Once a few days, sharp pain below ribs on the abdomen, goes away with burping I guess?, and spasms along my left side of the abdomen once a few days mainly when I'm hungry or low on food

5. Experienced my first full blown sets of anxiety attacks --> Got a referral to a psychiatrist, bless him he's good

6. August 24th - Meet with GI --> Stress and anxiety are your root causes but, lets do an EDG to calm your nerves

7. September 20th - After a month I get the endoscopy --> Mild infection of H.Pylori, anxiety levels drop but still persistent

8. GI puts me on triple therapy, Amoxicillin (500mg x 4) , Clarithromycin ( 500mg x 2) and Omeprazole (20mg x 2) for 14 days. That's a total of 112 pills

9. Pain present during the entire triple therapy, lots of stomach sounds and gurgling. Had cranberry juice for most days on the treatment as well.

10.Therapy ended on 7th October, but the pain has still persisted. Due to give the stool test on November 5th

11. Pain still exists, hopeful about the symptoms tapering off.

12. Started a regimen of the following --> ( Morning - Vitamin B Complex from Whole Foods, Vitamins D 5000 IU [ I was insanely Vit D deficient, now @17 ng/ml ] and Multivitamins with a meal, Magnesium 500mg before bed, DGL 2x before each meal, GOL Mood + Probiotics 2 hours before dinner, Diluted Kefir after each meal and a vegetarian diet with lentils, rice and the common veggies )

I assure you ladies and gentlemen that I will update my progress often and even after I'm feeling better. I owe this community a lot more than just posts that describe my illness, but what it is like to be on the other side.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My HP Story - In Progress

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:08 pm

thanks for sharing your story. but, loosing some weight will help improve the quality of life too.

vishrvn

Post by vishrvn » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:20 am

@helico_expert : True, my BMI has just hit the 25 mark, hopefully it stays here and doesn't drop any further though. I haven't yet had any of my symptoms go away, which is bothersome. Is it common to go through this?

I have also upped probiotics in the form of sauerkrat in addition to the kefir and GOL Mood + probiotics. Lets see where this goes.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:38 am

You will only truly recover when H. pylori is truly eradicated. So we shall see the verdict after 5th of November.

meanwhile, please do not take any more drugs that may affect the bacteria dose. No more PPI, no more antibiotics, no more herbs. Just eat normal. Probiotics are fine. If you really need acid suppressant, you can take Ranitidine.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”