Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Recently (2 weeks ago) thought I had minor lung infection...

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Erken

Recently (2 weeks ago) thought I had minor lung infection...

Post by Erken »

Ok so I’m going to start off about a year and a half ago maybe a little more..

My top right molar (#2) started decaying, I’ve had two of my wisdom teeth already pulled by this point , they had started rotting in the past with unbearable pain, until I was able to see the dentist I used numerous oral pain products Kanka, clove oil, garlic, Alcohol, etc... to numb the pain..... so this time around with molar #2 was no different other then after using clove oil for a strenuous Ammount of time, (the year and a half): over the time my tooth became less sensitive and almost feels completely dead now, I haven’t have the best oral hygiene until the last 5 months but I have used a pick to clean it out and am now brushing , flossing , and hydrogen peroxide cleaning... the taste from my tooth is very unbearable (almost like what I would call a Fecel taste) and has been for a long time.... I clean food Debris out of it every night and day, sometimes it bleeds and even the blood tastes meh.... I also have had asthma all my life using albutyryl and from time to Time when I get sick Prednisone.... I’ve had fast, sharp, heart pains ever since I can remember but they were always RARE ... I got sick two weeks ago and got a 10 day dose at 20mg 4 pills a day , I stuck too it righteously despite the side effects, a little before this time, me and my wife have engaged in minor oral “acts”. I am now 2 days off my Prednisone and even though I don’t feel (flu sick) I am still having moderate mucus removel, and now my heart , the palpitations or arrhythmia, ( irregular heartbeat) have muchly increased along with overly moderate abdominal pain with frequent burping , that doesn’t feel like heartburn , (I drink beer frequently 3 to 6 cans a day for the last month) “more then I Regularly Have in my life” I learned of HP today and usually when googling symptoms of anything I shrug it off because I’ve never had anything majorly frightening to say the least and without a doctors diagnosis symptoms of any kind can fit the bill for many things .... now I’ve Learned about a lot of ways HP spreads weather scientifically proven or theoretical... and i fit roughly 75% to 80% of the symptoms from numerous sites ... my main underlining question today is: giving my tooth & The prednisones dropping My immune system & the oral acts ((my wife has never been diagnosed with HP,,, BUT for HPV... which has subsided since she has been pregnant for 26 weeks)). AND the excessive amount of alcohol (( i’ve read moderate drinking keeps HP at bay if it exists inside of you , BUT excessive amounts can trigger an ulcer , in which case Aggravates HP.... I’ve also read that HP can cause heart problems AND that HP is found Orally! I am lead to believe that I very well may have (had) HP and have now (awoken) it.... I read green tea and probiotics help with stomach ulcers ( I recently ate some Greek gods and instantly my abdominal pain subsided) about 2 hours ago ,, I am now having mild heart rate with mildly Moderat abdominal pain ( along with the frequent burping) it feels like there is air trapped inbetwen my stomach and throat... in the past I have usually given my heart area a good ole fist bump or two and cough, and yay the pain leaves but not today or yesterday ... I usually get the heart pain when lying on my side or back (while relaxing) same as know buts it’s every time I lay down for 10-30 minutes... I weigh 140-155 pounds and I am 25 years old with the height of approx. 5,7 .... I have had steroid bloat along with too much food bloat but I have tried somewhat successfully to balance my appetite over the course of my prednisones dose.... I know bloating is one of the symptoms of HP but also for prednasone... I drink four beers last night and two this morning before my symptoms started getting bad enough for me too ask questions , ( me and my wife went shopping last night before my beer intake and got back at 2am) so I have unfortunately been up all day ... I feel like the only thing that could state this as a minor ulcer or Uncomfortability is, The fact that alcohol can scar your stomach lining... but I feel like there is too much that outweighs that claim at this point lol.... what do you think? If I don’t feel any better Tomorrow me and my wife are going to go get tested, I just wanted some Human experience and support from someone much more qualified than myself and it turns out this is the place 🙏👍💯

Erken

Re: Recently (2 weeks ago) thought I had minor lung infection...

Post by Erken »

when I’m saying (HP) I mean,

h pylori. I just can’t pronounce it very well or spell it as it is new to me.. 😓

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

I think guessing if you have H. pylori is not helpful. The best is to get tested.

Breath test is very safe and easy to do. You should be able to get it done from any GP. Look forward to hearing your update from your testing.

Erken

Post by Erken »

So with more extensive research I have learnred that taking prednisone WHILE drinking moderately Is seldom to have any potential threats BUT IF alcohol is consumed when COMING OFF prednisone, it can have Very serious effects that stem from heart problems (potassium intake)
And can cause a MUCH HIGHER risk for peptic ulcers😒

Im more mad at prednisones main site which condoned the use of alcohol with thier medications claiming (mild effect) WHEN they should have the dignity to add that no alcohol should be consumed after your treatment is done🤬.

Should I blame myself YES! I should have known or been more informed BUT since primary Doctors (that knew I moderately, at times maybe a bit more, consume alcohol) failed to deliver me this INFO that makes me a bit frustrated! I’m not a doctor and I don’t think doctors want people putting there own ideas into thier heads... specially with the Internet 🤔

In conclusion: could this have agravated HP and caused peptic ulcers: Defiantly!
Prednisone increases your inability to fight infections AFTER QUITTING.

In further notice the doctors NEVER gave me a taper plan?!?🤨🤬 ...Only now remembering back years before my old Primary’s Gave me TAPER INSTRUCTIONS so that my body could be healthy when coming off corticalsteroids🤦‍♂️🤕 well I’m happy to say no more beers for good awhile!

thank you Helico-Expert I will be checking back in.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

thanks for sharing your experience. i think the website has probably too much information. especially in regards to drug drug interaction. almost everything interact with everything. and almost every drug involve some severe side effects and death. I think the manufacturers just have to list down every possible side effect to cover themselves from law suit. I think it is better listen to your doctor who is experienced with the drug.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”