Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My story and need advice.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Gem stone

Re: My story and need advice.

Post by Gem stone »

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 pm
I think you need to first find out if you still have H. pylori.

you mentioned that you had flagyl and cipro before. so what triple therapy did you have recently?
Amoxicillin 1000mg with esomeperazole capsule and klaracid 500mg for fourteen days tomorrow it will be a month complete how shall I check that my h pylori has died stool test or blood test

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if you have not taken any medication for the past 30 days. yes, please go ahead to get a stool test done. Blood test is not useful in this situation.

captwelve2018

Post by captwelve2018 »

Thanks for the valuable feedback and suggestion helico expert.

Question 1. For the metronidazole what would be the daily dose in mg and how many times a day? Is it the same as Flagyl?

Question 2. For the bismuth or pepto bismal what would be the dosage for that one and how many times a day? I was reading online on mayo clinic and american family physican website its 525mg 4 time a day. Should this be taken before taking the antibiotics? Also should the antibiotics.be usually taken.after eating?

Question 3. Is it safe to take 3g of Amoxicilan a day? Sorry for asking just curious. I will let my primary dr know.

Question 4. I have a wife and 3yr old son that im afraid to infect. I have been constantly washing my hands and making sure to use disposable spoons and forks and for.dishes.to put them in dishwasher. How contagious is hpylori? I read that it can be passed by saliva, sneezing, breathing, sharing towels, door knobs etc. That scares me alot. My wife is currently pregnant and due Jan 2019. She informed her obgyn dr and her dr recommended that if she.does not.have any symptoms to not get tested or treated till after the baby is born. Dr stated that antibiotics are strong and dont know how it will effect the baby. I told my wife maybe to at least get tested so she at least knows her status. I really dont know how long i have had this or if its recent from my symptoms.

Question 5. What do you think is the success rate usually for quad therapy. Im planning on taking breath test 1 month after antibiotics and stopping ppi. Do these strong antibiotics cause more new symptoms after the treatment? In addition to probiotics, i forgot to ask if we are allowed to take multivatimins, vitamin d, b complex or does that effect the antibiotics. Im low in vitamin d. Im at 22. I heard good to be between 40 and 60.

Thanks again for your input

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

1. Flagyl is metronidazole. We prescribe 400 mg, 3 times a day.

2. there are many bismuth compounds. for bismuth subcitrate, we prescribe 240 mg, 4 times a day. you need to read up check with the chemist of the daily dosage of the bismuth compound that you are buying.

3. 3g of Amoxicillin is commonly prescribed in dental care. As long as you are not allergic to it, it should be safe.

4. H. pylori is commonly spread by saliva. As long as you brush your teeth every morning and night, that will greatly reduce HP in the mouth. Also, since children is not recommended for antibiotics treatment and HP seems harmless to children, there is no need to test children.

5. the success rate is different from country to country and from people to people. Usually men has high chance in curing HP than women.

captwelve2018

Post by captwelve2018 »

Thanks for the reply helico expert.

Question on the bismuth or pepto bismal. Is that taken before food or meds or after food or meds? Basically, wondering when is the best time to fit it in the schedule or it does not matter as long as you space it out every 6hrs to make it 4 times a day. Dr mentioned taking it twice a day, but i dont think that is right. Is that enough? I found online that says 525mg QID for BSS. The bismuth does not negatively effect the efficacy of the antibiotics or PPI right? It only helps it?

I was planning on taking the PPI Pantaprozole 15 to 30 min before eating ( i read somewhere you are suppose to take it before food). Then eat some food then take the 2 antibiotics together. Then I was planning on taking some probiotics around 4 hrs later. Hopefully, the probiotics help counter side effects or C Diff from the antibiotics. I read stories from some people so would like to try.

Are we allowed to take vitamin D and B Complex vitamins?
Im not sure if it will effect the meds efficacy either. Or should i hold off on them. More concerned on vitamin D since little low. Im at level 22.

Thanks again for your advice.

Juneworldcup

I also need advise

Post by Juneworldcup »

Hello all,

I am experiencing hair loss for a year now. It started with stress that probably put my hormones out of whack. But now my stress is gone (except for the one from hair loss :? ) but I continue to have hair loss and an itchy/burning scalp. I thought I may have some gut/ autoimmune connection there so I got a stool test done to eliminate leaky gut. I don't have leaky gut but my GI MAP came high on H Pyroli. My doc is prescribed triple therapy and a gut protocol. Should I do that? Is the H Pyroli the cause of my hair loss? Any experience in this space? I have exhausted all other causes of hair loss with blood tests etc...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

captwelve2018 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:41 pm
Thanks for the reply helico expert.

Question on the bismuth or pepto bismal. Is that taken before food or meds or after food or meds? Basically, wondering when is the best time to fit it in the schedule or it does not matter as long as you space it out every 6hrs to make it 4 times a day. Dr mentioned taking it twice a day, but i dont think that is right. Is that enough? I found online that says 525mg QID for BSS. The bismuth does not negatively effect the efficacy of the antibiotics or PPI right? It only helps it?

I was planning on taking the PPI Pantaprozole 15 to 30 min before eating ( i read somewhere you are suppose to take it before food). Then eat some food then take the 2 antibiotics together. Then I was planning on taking some probiotics around 4 hrs later. Hopefully, the probiotics help counter side effects or C Diff from the antibiotics. I read stories from some people so would like to try.

Are we allowed to take vitamin D and B Complex vitamins?
Im not sure if it will effect the meds efficacy either. Or should i hold off on them. More concerned on vitamin D since little low. Im at level 22.

Thanks again for your advice.
You can take the meds with or without food. there is no much difference.

we prescribe 240mg bismuth subcitrate 4 times a day. Bismuth subcitrate can prevent C Diff complication.

Bismuth subcitrate does not affect the antibiotics or PPI. We have very high success cure rate from using it in combination with PPI and antibiotics.

You are allow to take Vit D, B, C or anything except for alcohol.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: I also need advise

Post by Helico_expert »

Juneworldcup wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:31 am
Hello all,

I am experiencing hair loss for a year now. It started with stress that probably put my hormones out of whack. But now my stress is gone (except for the one from hair loss :? ) but I continue to have hair loss and an itchy/burning scalp. I thought I may have some gut/ autoimmune connection there so I got a stool test done to eliminate leaky gut. I don't have leaky gut but my GI MAP came high on H Pyroli. My doc is prescribed triple therapy and a gut protocol. Should I do that? Is the H Pyroli the cause of my hair loss? Any experience in this space? I have exhausted all other causes of hair loss with blood tests etc...
interesting question. I think I read somewhere in the forum someone else mentioned about hair loss. anyway, it is a good idea to get rid of your H. pylori. Let's see if that improves your itchy scalp problem.

Juneworldcup

Post by Juneworldcup »

Thank you... yes I think I will go ahead with the treatment... the issue is that the antibiotics are really super-duper strong and some folks end up having other long term gut problems as side-effect...because it messes up their gut biome. Anyway, was worth asking the group if someone had any insight into this connection between H Pylori and hair loss... thanks!

vjyin

Need suggestion for recovery

Post by vjyin »

Hello all,

I would like to share my experience for H Pylori.

It was in August 2018, I was initially having burning sensation in chest. I have visited Cardiologist, he have conducted few tests like ECG & Echo 2D the result was normal. He insisted me to visit gastroenterologist, the next day I visited and done by endoscopy and the results was normal. He given me PAN-D for 5 days. After the course I felt normal.

After 15 days the burning sensation started again, I visited another gastroenterologist as I was in another city, he gave pantoprazole for 28 days. While taking the medicine I felt normal after the course completed just after a week my problem started again along with tongue is yellow coated and I felt something struck in the throat, always felt dryness in throat.

I have revisited the doctor, this time he performed some tests Liver Function Tests, Amylase, Lipase, Urea Breath Test, CRP, and Ultra Sound. I got my results on 20th Sep 2018, with Positive for H. Pylori and others are normal.

I started my medication from same day night with Esomeprazole 40mg 2x for 20 days, Amoxicillin 1g 2x for 10 days, Clarithromycin 500 mg 2x for 10days and Proflora 2x capsule for 10 days.

Today was my 5th day of medication and I’m following normal diet.

Problem I’m facing is mild stomach pain sometimes, still my tongue is yellow coated and feeling of something struck in throat after eating food and it last for 2-3 hrs and i feel hungry all the time

Kindly suggest what other i need to follow to eradicate H.pylori?

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”