Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?



此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Triple therapy and PANIC

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Steven
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by Steven » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:55 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:21 pm
you should stop PPI for at least 2 weeks before endoscopy. try talk to your doctor about switching to ranitidine. you can have ranitidine until the night before endoscopy.
Thanks for your reply.

Just got off phone to clinic and my appointment is for Saturday so too late to stop the PPI’s unfortunately. I’ll tell the clinic this too otherwise I’ll end up with a false negative. At least we’ll know what condition the stomach is in afterwards. I’ll retest for HP in a few weeks time and in the meantime will talk to him about switching.

Appreciated.

helico_highBP
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:38 am

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by helico_highBP » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:03 am

Hi All ,

Please advice

First of all this forum is really good where I am reading most of the information about people who are going through same pain.

About me : Age 28 , 6 feet , 200 lbs and used to go gym , running always.

In My case Even after going through triple therapy of Amox , Clarithromycin and Omeprazole I am still having bloating , Increased blood pressure ( ~140 / 85 )

Emergency Instances : -

For me this nightmare started with a Panic Attack ? ( thats what doctor said) where I landed up in ER via 911 help . Had increased heartbeats , sweating , chest fluttering kind of symptoms. As soon as paramedic came and took EKG it was all normal ( everything happened within 5 minutes )
I have gone through TROPONIN Tests , EKG each more than 3 times when these sessions of high blood pressure were going on.
Finally I have done Stress Test for Heart and couple of X Ray imaging but everything came normal.

H Pylori Detected :
After 6 visits with Doctor I got chance to do breath test and got detected positive for H Pylori - which I was happy because I though at least they found something wrong and something they can work on.

H Pylori Treatment :
Now my treatment is complete where I got 3000 mg of Amox + Clarithromycin + Omeprazole(20mg*2) for 14 days .

4 days after I started getting nightmares , lack of sleep and scary dreams which got relieved after 8th day but I still didnt step back from those antibiotics.

Post H Pylori Treatment :
Feeling much better compare to past month , started driving , playing tennis a little bit but since yesterday I started getting more stomach acidity , bloating and cold sweat sometimes.. I also started experiencing Heartbits / fluttering kind of sensations but Apple watch still shows heart rate between 75 - 97 bpm.

Doctor's always said Blood Pressure rise may be due to Anxiety or I am thinking too much but I still suspect if this bacteria has any relation with blood pressure ?

I usually get Numbing of Left hand , little bit of Pain , bloating most of the times and these sessions can last hours but eventually I feel better and again it continues.

Please please help as I am all stuck with these things and I just want to live my life again how it used to be prior to this bacteria

Thank You

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 3360
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by Helico_expert » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:15 am

thanks for your detail story. I think at least you manage to finish the treatment with ease. you need to follow the protocol and get a follow up breath test after a month without medication. then you will know if you still have H. pylori in you. It is important to find out if H. pylori is eradicated. Only then you'll be truly recovered. otherwise you'll just be waiting for something that will never happen.

some people does take longer time to recover. please be patience and update us again after the follow up breath test.

Steven
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by Steven » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am

Well after nearly having a full on panic attack prior to endoscopic exam, I calmed down and had the exam. It was no trouble at all after all the worry.

They discovered an esophagus hernia. No ulcers, no gastritis, no inflammation to esophagus. I think 6 weeks of PPI’s has helped. 6 biopsies taken. They also said no HP but I only came off the PPI’s 3 days ago so a retest still required.

Still to see an ENT next week for nasal endoscopy regarding the hoarse voice (due to constant swallowing) and globus sensation - probable stress rather than GERD related is my guess.

I’ve swapped the coffee for mint tea, eating more fruit, having some probiotics, drastically reduced my chocolate intake. Also drinking a protein formula I used to use at the gym to try and get the weight back on. It also includes all your vitamins and trace elements so won’t do any harm.

It’s a diagnosis which means I will have to make adjustments with diet and lifestyle but I can live with that.

Helico_expert
Site Admin
Posts: 3360
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:20 am

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by Helico_expert » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:09 am

sounds like your symptoms are improving. that's good news. remember to update us your breath test result.

schism
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 am

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by schism » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am

Steven wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am
Well after nearly having a full on panic attack prior to endoscopic exam, I calmed down and had the exam. It was no trouble at all after all the worry.

They discovered an esophagus hernia. No ulcers, no gastritis, no inflammation to esophagus. I think 6 weeks of PPI’s has helped. 6 biopsies taken. They also said no HP but I only came off the PPI’s 3 days ago so a retest still required.

Still to see an ENT next week for nasal endoscopy regarding the hoarse voice (due to constant swallowing) and globus sensation - probable stress rather than GERD related is my guess.

I’ve swapped the coffee for mint tea, eating more fruit, having some probiotics, drastically reduced my chocolate intake. Also drinking a protein formula I used to use at the gym to try and get the weight back on. It also includes all your vitamins and trace elements so won’t do any harm.

It’s a diagnosis which means I will have to make adjustments with diet and lifestyle but I can live with that
I’m in the same boat you were — about to have panic attack before my EGD. I’m just really afraid of the aenesthsia drugs. They said they’ll use propofol and it just freaks me the hell out. I hate losing control. Did they use propofol on you?

Steven
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by Steven » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 am

schism wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:15 am
Steven wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:23 am
Well after nearly having a full on panic attack prior to endoscopic exam, I calmed down and had the exam. It was no trouble at all after all the worry.

They discovered an esophagus hernia. No ulcers, no gastritis, no inflammation to esophagus. I think 6 weeks of PPI’s has helped. 6 biopsies taken. They also said no HP but I only came off the PPI’s 3 days ago so a retest still required.

Still to see an ENT next week for nasal endoscopy regarding the hoarse voice (due to constant swallowing) and globus sensation - probable stress rather than GERD related is my guess.

I’ve swapped the coffee for mint tea, eating more fruit, having some probiotics, drastically reduced my chocolate intake. Also drinking a protein formula I used to use at the gym to try and get the weight back on. It also includes all your vitamins and trace elements so won’t do any harm.

It’s a diagnosis which means I will have to make adjustments with diet and lifestyle but I can live with that
I’m in the same boat you were — about to have panic attack before my EGD. I’m just really afraid of the aenesthsia drugs. They said they’ll use propofol and it just freaks me the hell out. I hate losing control. Did they use propofol on you?
How did you get on?

As a fellow panic sufferer we both know that the fear of something is worse than the actual reality. I was the same when I needed plate and screws in my ankle, I refused to be put under and went for the the nerve block.

They gave me Fentanyl and Midazolam. After that they could have put a fire hose down the throat and I wouldn’t have cared :-). I didn’t feel loss of control as you mentioned just calmness. Short lasting, no more than an hour. I wouldn’t be nearly as nervous if I need a further one. Also had a nasal endoscopy yesterday which was simple. No spray or sedatives needed there.

Hope it went well for you?

schism
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:01 am

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by schism » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 am

It went well for me as well. They used the propofol which knocked me out cold. He gave me just a couple drips at first which made anxiety vanish and room started to shift. Then few seconds later I was out. Woke up feeling pretty good 15 min later. I’ve been a bit off/dizzy next day and woke up with a headache, but seems to be dissipating.

Steven
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:41 pm

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by Steven » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:54 am

schism wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:21 am
It went well for me as well. They used the propofol which knocked me out cold. He gave me just a couple drips at first which made anxiety vanish and room started to shift. Then few seconds later I was out. Woke up feeling pretty good 15 min later. I’ve been a bit off/dizzy next day and woke up with a headache, but seems to be dissipating.
Pleased for you :-). What did the doctor say?

providoregifts
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:25 pm

Re: Triple therapy and PANIC

Post by providoregifts » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi everyone, i am new on this.

Post Reply

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”