Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

newly HP diagnosed, given 2week triple regimen - questions & confused

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: newly HP diagnosed, given 2week triple regimen - questions & confused

Post by Helico_expert »

it's all good then. good luck with your treatment.

helical_patient

Post by helical_patient »

Thanks very much for this forum.

I got the triple therapy done and came back positive. and then, was put on on quadruple therapy : Bis-subsal ( 262 mg x 4 times a day), metrotinidazole ( 500 mg x 3 times a day), omeprazole ( 20 mg x 2 times a day), doxycycline (100 mg x 2 times a day).

I did start feeling better after four days (albeit with black stools). However, now on my sixth day and the symptoms seem like before : excessive burping, reflux, pain in the left abdominal area, a significant gaseous movement in gastric area.

Can you please tell me if this is expected? I am very anxious over this.

Sincerely,

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

some people does take a while to recover. You need to find out from your doctor if you still carry H. pylori. Usually the doctor would advise you to wait a month without any antibiotics or PPI. then repeat the breath or stool test.

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva »

so this is my 12th day on the quadruple therapy. Today seems to be the worst day ever. I can't seem to keep anything down and my stomach cramps are extremely painful. The first 11 days on the meds were not so bad, i had a stomach cramp here and there with some fatigue but i actually felt pretty good. I was pretty excited thinking im all cured BUT today is really bad. Why?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Probably your side effect finally kicks in. only a few more days to go. keep up the good work.

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva »

THank you all!!

mimetiva

Post by mimetiva »

I just want to give yall a quick update (will post new post as well).

Finished my quadruple therapy on Oct. 22, 2018. (previous triple therapy did NOT eradicate the 1st time around in July)
Husband and i had been planning a month long backpacking trip to Asia for quite a while now. We weren't sure if were gonna be able to go due to me being sick. We had invested to much $$ into it already so we went ahead and decided to go with it.
We left to Asia, China and Thailand, on Oct. 28, 2018. Dr said for me to continue the prilosec and bismuth while away.
I felt good, no cramps, no diarrhea, no bloating - nothing at all during that week before we left.
I was very scared to eat anything at first when we arrived to China but lil by lil i just ate what i liked but was careful it wasn't spicy.
No problems at all for the entire time we were in China and Thailand UNTIL the last weekend of our trip.
I had a dam banana split from the airport (diary queen) in Phuket, Thailand (on way to Hong Kong).
OMG, the pain, nausea, throwing up, bloating and diarrhea came back.
Being so for away i went to the nearest pharmacy in Hong Kong who gave me stomach meds cause i was out of bismuth and prilosec.
They worked great. UNTIL i came back (Nov. 22) - this week i been sick with diarrhea everyday. I'm praying its just me trying to get back to eating the right foods again and that it's not H. Pylori AGAIN. I wont get tested till January.

Prayers please!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

H. pylori doesnt give you diarrhea like that. So most likely you had some contaminated food. Nevertheless, bismuth should help prevent you from food poisoning. therefore, it's either you caught a bad gut virus or parasite.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”