Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Hi! New here. Wondering about treatment.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

beckysantos

Hi! New here. Wondering about treatment.

Post by beckysantos »

Hello, like everyone else I've recently been diagnosed with the awful bacteria of h.pylori when found during a blood test. The problem is, my symptoms are pretty mild compared to the usual. I only suffer from slight bloating after eating, loose or constipated stools, and some gurgling here and there but other than that it is veery tolerable. I have no ulcer, no pain, acid reflux, nausea, etc. However, my GP still wants my on triple antibiotics for a week and ppi once a day for a month. I am very anxious to do this as I have just been on antibiotics for a separate issue in the winter and suffered bad side effects for a month after that (I actually still can't tolerate much food since then), and really scared of messing up my gut flora again. I know holistic medicine isn't always the best route, however I am intrigued with the results of mastic gum. Just not sure which is best as my case seems mild and would like some advice. Thanks! :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Hi! New here. Wondering about treatment.

Post by Helico_expert »

Patients in the 50s, carrying H. pylori, without symptoms, are the high risk group for gastric cancer. Therefore, i too would recommend you to get treatment even when you have no symptoms. Especially when you are young, you are more tolerance to the antibiotics and heal better.

mastic gum has been discussed many times in this forum. Although mastic gum MAY reduce or calm the symptoms, mastic gum cannot eradicate H. pylori.

beckysantos

Post by beckysantos »

Thanks so much for the speedy reply! I will definitely think about it then. My doctor prescribed me the triple pac for 7 days, however I am noticing that most people take it for at least 10 or 14 days. I suspect it's because my symptoms are mild for now, but is this something I should bring up with my doctor before taking them? I'd really like to eradicate this bug for good to avoid future issues! :shock:

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

your doctor would know the local situation better than us. the longer the treatment, the higher the cure rate. However, it also means the more suffering from the side effect.

power1

Post by power1 »

tried mastic gums for over 1-2 months.....

my opinion and result. Does not work.
those tea drink....Doesn't either....
manuka?..soothes your tummy...but symptoms returns regardless how big UMF you are using...same with honey pollens...

What i believe you read from online meds search are very rare cases.

beckysantos

Post by beckysantos »

Hi! I just completed the 7 day triple therapy a few days ago and feel somewhat better yet still suffer a bit of abdominal discomfort, but its too soon to tell. Unfortunately, after taking 2 doses of pantoprazole I was prescribed post treatment, I found out that I am allergic to them as my body had broken out in hives immediately. :( I was not diagnosed with an ulcer before anyway so is it mandatory to continue with the ppi for the next 30 days as prescribed?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

if you dont have much symptoms, you can probably gradually stop your PPI. there is no need to take 30 days PPI without symptom.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”