Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

My story.... On 6th Day of triple treatment.

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Shaan0188

My story.... On 6th Day of triple treatment.

Post by Shaan0188 »

Hello All!

This is my story till date in regards to the fight with H-Pylori. It all started with one night of severe heartburn. I was awake all night and really didn't know what to do. After a quick search on Google I came to know that its very common and any antacid will fix the problem (I did not know that this would change my life over next month). I got the antacids and as prescribed took it accordingly. I did feel some comfort but then the heartburn would return after few days. After a few weeks of multiple heartburn filled nights I decided to consult a doctor. Doctor at this point gave more antacids :( a week of these medicines and nothing happened over that I had to rush to hospital multiple times to get injections to relieve the severe heartburns.

At this point I had seen multiple doctors and all had given me the same medicines. Fed up of the meds I started researching myself to atleast narrow down what the problem might be. While researching I found that the symptoms I had matched to H-Pylori. I booked an appointment with another doctor and decided to straight away go for Endoscopy and Biopsy. And as predicted H-Pylori came positive.

Doctor prescribed the triple treatment (Clarithoromycin, Pantoprazole and Amoxillin). Relieved with the knowledge that atleast I knew the problem I had, I started the treatment. While the first few days were good and I felt good with mild headache, it has gotten worse since. The major problem I am facing right now is severe heartburn. I have been eating right, no spicy food or anything that might trigger heartburn, but still sleepless nights. I will be consulting my doctor to see if something can be done about the burning today... It is so bad :(

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: My story.... On 6th Day of triple treatment.

Post by Helico_expert »

You may want to increase the Pantoprazole dose to double. You can even take antacid together with pantoprazole.

your headache is probably the side effect of antibiotics.

Try to distract yourself from doing something you like. Try not to think about the symptoms. It is important that you take the tablets on time and finish the whole course.

Shaan0188

Post by Shaan0188 »

Thanks for the advice! I called my doctor and he said to get Digene Gel and have couple of spoons of it. I did get the gel and had couple of spoons of the same, it feels a little better. Have had a lot of meds this morning, kind of feel little trippy plus I did not sleep all night cause of the heartburn. Should I have lunch normally? though m not feeling like having anything.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you can have normal lunch.

when you are sleeping, try to have double or triple pillows. So your throat is about 30-40 degrees upwards. Also try sleep on your left side. That can prevent the heartburn as well.

https://endyourillness.com/2016/02/07/t ... ur-health/

Shaan0188

Post by Shaan0188 »

These are some good tips! Do particular fruits and vegies help in decreasing the heartburn like Aloe Vera etc. And it would be very helpful if you can suggest some foods that I can include in my diet. Currently I am eating very selectively cause of fear.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

There is no particular types of food that is good for heartburn. But I think it's very subjective. Some people avoid spicy food. Some people avoid alcohol.

My assistant used to avoid everything. Now that he is cured, he gradually introduce different food and spices bits by bits. It's almost two years now. He is eating everything and he is very happy.

Shaan0188

Post by Shaan0188 »

I was feeling very bad since couple of days because of heartburn. I think it might be because I ate Broccoli (I don't know for sure). Yesterday evening I was just not having it, I drank alot of water and vomited, then had my meds and food. Vomiting did leave my throat burning but finally the heartburn stopped. I had a good 10 hour sleep at last. Also, this may sound weird, but since the 2nd day of starting antibiotics, I have been having these unusual dreams with a single theme. These are vivid and really weird dreams and they always come early morning. Is this also a side effect of antibiotics?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Your heartburn seems severe. Make sure you take enough PPI or H2 blocker to prevent further damage to your esophagus.

dream from antibiotics? I am not sure if there is correlation.

Shaan0188

Post by Shaan0188 »

Hello Helico Expert! I am now on the 13th day of the medicines. I started to feel good after day 7 and it was good until last night. Last night I felt bloatedness and anxious. Is it necessary to complete the meds even after feeling fine? Can antibiotics cause other problems in this case? I just have one more day to go of the medicines and today I am feeling anxious! Please suggest!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

You are probably experiencing some side effect. It doesnt sound very severe. You can check with your doctor who can examine you physically. 13 days treatment is good enough.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”