Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

This is a non-profit website. We dont even have those annoying advertisement. We tried our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori. We provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here donating to keep our forum alive.

Did I get overtreated?

The various unpleasant manifestations of Helicobacter can be described here. Remember however that the great majority of persons with Hp have no symptoms that they are aware of and consider themselves normal.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

swami

Did I get overtreated?

Post by swami » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:27 am

I'd symptoms of small quick burps immediately after eating. If I eat spicy or fatty food, I was experiencing acid reflux.
My blood test showed the H Pylori Antigen at 2.3 (0-.99 is the standard range). The stool test turned out +ve. The doctor recommended this regime twice a day:
AMOXICILLIN 1000 mg
CLARITHROMYC 500 MG TAB ZYDU
METRONIDAZOL 500 MG TAB TEVA
OMEPRAZOLE 20.6MGDR CAP KAIS

I'm struggling with terrible side effects.

I wonder if the doc was too aggressive.
* Could I have just lived with these symptoms?
* 4 g of antibiotics per day sounds like a lot.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Did I get overtreated?

Post by Helico_expert » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:04 am

I dont think you are over treated. These are very common antibiotics. However, I think you are probably sensitive to one or more of the antibiotics.

H. pylori is a fast mutating bacteria. If you dont kill it in one go, it'll quickly mutate and become resistant to the antibiotic.

If you dont eradicate H. pylori, there is a small risk of stomach ulcers and and a even smaller risk of cancer. Many people in the world carry H. pylori without problem. But, we know that all H. pylori causes inflammation in the stomach. I believe the longer the stomach is inflamed, the longer it needs to recover. When you are young and healthy, your immune system is strong, you can tolerate the stomach inflammation. But when you are above 50, your health began to deteriorate. That's when you start feeling the problem. and it could be too late to fix the stomach that has already been damaged for years or decades.

swami

Post by swami » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:29 am

Thank you.

swami

Post by swami » Tue May 22, 2018 6:55 am

I finally gave up treatment after 4 days after severe side effects. Most notably, a sharp pain in the top right of my abdomen.

After a couple of months, I noticed that my symptoms had improved a lot. I got myself tested & my result came back negative. I'm fortunate to have gotten rid of this after 4 days of treatment. Thanks & good luck everyone.

Return to “Diseases and Symptoms”