Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

After H Pylori Treatment symptoms

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Johno87

Re: After H Pylori Treatment symptoms

Post by Johno87 »

shid0x wrote:
Johno87 wrote:I finished my triple therapy 12 days ago, and am experiencing similar symptoms. I actually started to feel normal last week, and then the stomach pain started again. Supposed to go in two weeks from now for my breath test. Just want it to end...

Yeah the ups and down are the worst, they give you hope and them...BAM again.
but that's the way it is and sadly we can't do much ( beside diet, no stress, VERY LIGHT exercises, and some supplements. But even those don't completely do the trick )

Yea it's absolutely awful. I like to work out 4-6 times a week, and have had to cut that down drastically (along with the weight I usually lift). Also seems like protein powder sets my stomach off so I can't use that either.

vortextubes

Post by vortextubes »

Hi all,

I also have the same experiences. Had my 2-week antibiotics treatment in December after 4 months of agony and had to go through 4 internist. Blood test and stool test came out negative but after endoscopy, they found HP infection.

Having H. Pylori really have changed my life. Before the infection, I usually work out at least 5 times a week in the gym. Right now, none. I easily get tired now. Two breath test in March came out negative (the first was on borderline level). Still not feeling well even though not as bad as before the antibiotic treatment.

I was so stressed out after the treatment, I went ahead and see a psychiatrist. He gives me 5mg of escitaploram a day. It's been six months after treatment and I still have cold sweats. Thinking of getting another endoscopy to confirm eradication or if not, go on the 2nd line antibiotic therapy. It's been a long time since I feel normal :(

shid0x

Post by shid0x »

vortextubes wrote:Hi all,

I also have the same experiences. Had my 2-week antibiotics treatment in December after 4 months of agony and had to go through 4 internist. Blood test and stool test came out negative but after endoscopy, they found HP infection.

Having H. Pylori really have changed my life. Before the infection, I usually work out at least 5 times a week in the gym. Right now, none. I easily get tired now. Two breath test in March came out negative (the first was on borderline level). Still not feeling well even though not as bad as before the antibiotic treatment.

I was so stressed out after the treatment, I went ahead and see a psychiatrist. He gives me 5mg of escitaploram a day. It's been six months after treatment and I still have cold sweats. Thinking of getting another endoscopy to confirm eradication or if not, go on the 2nd line antibiotic therapy. It's been a long time since I feel normal :(

The breath test is pretty accurate ( 90% ) it is also way cheaper. If you have any doubt do another one.
It is useless to take a second therapy if you don't have helicobacter anymore.

What was you first line treatment ? was it pylera ? I know this one can be hard on some people so does metronidazole

rjpartisala

Post by rjpartisala »

Hi there!
I"m 22 years old and I'm treated with h. Pylori twice, last janauary 2017, and this feb. 2018,and Im done with my triple and
quadruple therapy,endoscopy,urea breath test,ultrasound and a lot of tests..In month of march my doctor prescribe me a bearse to lessen the gas pain in my stomach.Now, its Month of may and Im still suffering from the symptoms and reflux and I become a worry person :(.Its been a rough battle again H. pylori. :(. I avoid drinking and eating all those foods and drinks that are not good for my stomach,but still the reflux and the symptoms are their but not that worst when i diagnose with H. Pylori. When I cant tolerate the symptoms i take PPI,Antacids,Bearse and its lessen the symptoms.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

do you know if you still carry H. pylori? only without H. pylori, your stomach can heal. Otherwise, you are just wasting time waiting a recovery that will never come.

Jam

Post by Jam »

I was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux disease a few years ago. Got hospitalized due to gastritis with hpylori last january and was given medication of 2 types of antibiotic and an antacid for 2 weeks. After now i wake up with this shuddering feeling in my stomach like it’s in turmoil mix with fast palpitation in my chest. When i check my pulse it’s normal( i think this one is related to my gerd) but the virbrating feeling in my stomach is bothering me so i take omeprazole as soon as i wake up and then it goes away. But i wake up again with the same feeling over and over and makes me think that something’s really wrong with my stomach.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

interesting story. But H. pylori is known to correlate with all sort of gastric diseases. Since you have taken the treatment, have you check if your treatment is successful? if you have not taken any PPI for more than a month, perhaps, you can go get another breath test to confirm you are now free of H. pylori.

Jam

Post by Jam »

Is a breath test necessary for a person who had a gastritis with h pylori? My doctor didn’t suggest a breath test after the treatment. I called earlier for an appointment and asked me to do an hbt ultrasound. I’ll ask my doctor about it in my next visit. Will give an update the soonest.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

many doctors didnt recommend a follow breath test. I strongly disagree on that. If you didnt find out if you were actually cured, then if your symptoms come back, you will never know if you got reinfected or treatment failure.

many people will believe that it is due to reinfection, which is not true. Because H. pylori is actually very difficult to pass around among adults.

vaishak123

Post by vaishak123 »

Sir I diagnose with h pylori and I completed my triple therapy for
10 days.now after 1.5 months my condition is evry evening and night burning sensation from lower abdomen ,some rumbling sound from lower abdomen and my stool s very soft,I look like indigestion,i hav pin pricking pain from several parts of the body.. is it normal am tooo depressed :o

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”