Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori positive, but abnormal symptoms

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

bloated-in-sc

H Pylori positive, but abnormal symptoms

Post by bloated-in-sc »

I've been struggling with abdominal pain and severe bloating (I'm talking, my normally flat stomach can look 8 months pregnant) for around two years now. Have been to several doctors and went through a multitude of testing and trying different medications - bloodwork, hiida scan, abdominal ultrasound, medication for peptic ulcers, for ibs-c, for muscle spasms, etc. Everything has come back normal and none of the medications have impacted it at all.

In this time, I've managed to put on around 35 pounds as well, while eating pretty healthy for the most part. I stay constipated, to the point where if I don't take a supplement to help me go daily, I can become impacted within two days (I'm sorry if that's TMI). The bloating is terrible, sometimes debilitating. At one time, I thought it was a food intolerance and did a 6 week elimination diet, cutting out gluten, grains of all types, soy, dairy, sugar, artificial sweeteners and alcohol. When I reintroduced these, it seemed that gluten was causing me issues. I have now been gluten free for 7 months. For the first little bit, it appeared that it had helped. My bloating while not completely gone, was minimized. Then it came back with vengeance, with no dietary changes. I also have really bad lower back pain now, but that could be due to the weight gain. If I don't eat every few hours, it feels like my stomach is eating itself. If I let it get to that point, the bloating begins and will continue for several days. Then if I do eat, often times the bloating will start then too.

I recently switched doctors. On my first visit, she put me on omeprazole rx. It seemed to help with the first thing in the morning pain (the empty stomach thing), but by later in the day it would start. She did the full work up and then upon listening to my stomach, said, "geez your bowel is noisy!" Long story short, she ended up doing a blood test for h pylori and called to say it came back IGA positive. Apparently that means an active infection? She is referring me to a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy.

In the little bit of reading I've been doing, while bloating is a common symptom, I should be losing weight not gaining and probably have diarrhea rather than constipation. Is this abnormal? Once eradicated, am I destined to gain even more weight?! I know I should concentrate more on the positives, such as getting rid of the pain and bloating, but call me vain, I am sick of gaining despite many attempts otherwise.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H Pylori positive, but abnormal symptoms

Post by Helico_expert »

I think your problem is more complex that just H. pylori. I believe H. pylori play a small role in your multiple problem. However, the treatment for H. pylori will give your digestive system a reboot. With the healthy diet, your good bacteria will hopefully dominate the digestive system quicker than the bad ones.

Deela

Re: H Pylori positive, but abnormal symptoms

Post by Deela »

Any update onyour condition? I’ve been having similar issues and looking for any informatiin you can offer? Have you recovered ok? I hope you have!
bloated-in-sc wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:14 am
I've been struggling with abdominal pain and severe bloating (I'm talking, my normally flat stomach can look 8 months pregnant) for around two years now. Have been to several doctors and went through a multitude of testing and trying different medications - bloodwork, hiida scan, abdominal ultrasound, medication for peptic ulcers, for ibs-c, for muscle spasms, etc. Everything has come back normal and none of the medications have impacted it at all.

In this time, I've managed to put on around 35 pounds as well, while eating pretty healthy for the most part. I stay constipated, to the point where if I don't take a supplement to help me go daily, I can become impacted within two days (I'm sorry if that's TMI). The bloating is terrible, sometimes debilitating. At one time, I thought it was a food intolerance and did a 6 week elimination diet, cutting out gluten, grains of all types, soy, dairy, sugar, artificial sweeteners and alcohol. When I reintroduced these, it seemed that gluten was causing me issues. I have now been gluten free for 7 months. For the first little bit, it appeared that it had helped. My bloating while not completely gone, was minimized. Then it came back with vengeance, with no dietary changes. I also have really bad lower back pain now, but that could be due to the weight gain. If I don't eat every few hours, it feels like my stomach is eating itself. If I let it get to that point, the bloating begins and will continue for several days. Then if I do eat, often times the bloating will start then too.

I recently switched doctors. On my first visit, she put me on omeprazole rx. It seemed to help with the first thing in the morning pain (the empty stomach thing), but by later in the day it would start. She did the full work up and then upon listening to my stomach, said, "geez your bowel is noisy!" Long story short, she ended up doing a blood test for h pylori and called to say it came back IGA positive. Apparently that means an active infection? She is referring me to a gastroenterologist for an endoscopy.

In the little bit of reading I've been doing, while bloating is a common symptom, I should be losing weight not gaining and probably have diarrhea rather than constipation. Is this abnormal? Once eradicated, am I destined to gain even more weight?! I know I should concentrate more on the positives, such as getting rid of the pain and bloating, but call me vain, I am sick of gaining despite many attempts otherwise.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”