Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Betaine HCL & Mastic

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Chookie

Betaine HCL & Mastic

Post by Chookie »

Hello :)

I've been reading Dr Myhill's book 'It's Mitochondria not Hypochondria!' after it was lent to me by a client who has CFS/M.E. I had a good look at digestion and the lack of it, I have diagnosed myself with Hypochloridia and Helicobactor pylori after having a horrible bout of food poisoning in Madrid over 5 years ago.

I have started to take Betaine Hydrochloride with Pepsin, Mastic and 20 Billion count probiotics and warm lemon water in the last 2 days. I've stopped eating wheat and dairy and I'm already a vegetarian, hopefully that's enough pro-inflammatory food out of my system.

Amazingly, my brain fog/cognitive decline has almost gone today, my distended stomach is slowly deflating, I'm starting to feel hungry again and my bowels are slowly getting there too.

The best thing of all is the complete lack of anxiety that I normally have, in fact, over the past two weeks I've had to up my Venlafaxine anxiety meds to double as my 'general anxiety disorder' has really been kicking in. I got up a little late today, last night I went to bed at 2am looking on the web about bugs and supplements but I haven't stopped all day and I'm not even tired right now.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Betaine HCL & Mastic

Post by Helico_expert »

Sounds great. just want to let you know that H. pylori will still be present (assuming you have tested positive).

Nevertheless, keep us posted with your self experiment. it may be helpful for post treatment members.

Chookie

Post by Chookie »

Hmmm, hello all...things aren't quite as rosy as I once thought...

This is my back story...

I've had IBS & CFS for many years now and nearly had a complete hysterectomy this year in order to eradicate all of my symptoms.

I started injections to stop my ovaries from working and had add back HRT too, all of this was because I thought I felt better on these medications and my symptoms went.However, the symptoms are returning even though I am still on the meds.

It took me 5 years to get my GP to look at my hormones thinking it was these that were giving me blurred vision, memory loss, dry skin, greasy itchy scalp, low iron levels, fatigue, acne, costocondritis, IBS, constipation, general anxiety disorder, cognitive disorder, shaking, hypoglycemia, low immune system, affected by heat and cold, excessive sweating, irritable bladder, nausea, lack of appetite, aches and pains, muscle weakness, breathlessness....

I read about Hypochloridia few weeks ago and followed the baking soda test, it took me 10 minutes to bring up a little belch.

I have just discovered the H.Pylori phenomenon and have adjusted my diet. I no longer have wheat, dairy, alcohol, yeast or sugar and have been a vegetarian for the past year due to not being able to 'digest' it very well. I can't have soy as it makes my stomach quite poorly. I can't eat very big meals and drinking and eating is too difficult as I get too full, it has to be one or the other. I get GERD where the food feels stuck in my sternum and goes up to my throat and goes back to the sternum.

I'm constipated for days on end and have had to resort to laxative suppositories to get things moving, it wasn't like this before I went on holiday within the UK, not abroad, I had 15 inch poops that were great but only happened every 3 days, leaving me bloated but empty.

The bloating... I'm distended and look like i'm 6 months pregnant. I can only wear elasticated waists and big tops to cover it. It would go from flattish in the morning to massive in the evening. After just 1 meal it gets worse.

A few weeks ago I started taking up to 10 x 325mg of Solgar Betaine HCL with Pepsin but they did nothing and were very hard to swallow. I've now changed to Vitasense 648mg Betaine HCL but still no joy so now I'm in the process of changing the brand to Now Foods. I also take Liquimins Ionic Zinc and Mastix brand mastic capsules every day. I have warm lemon juice water a few times a day and plan my supplements in between meals...it can get quite confusing so I write everything down and put my timer on my phone!

I found that 10 capsules of the Vitasense, 1 hour after eating, were giving me a tiniest burn and so I started to reduce them and got to 7...but it seems to have stopped...What has happened there? In the beginning I was feeling great! I had more energy, less brain fog and the blurred vision was clearing but now after getting signs of die off like white coated tongue, big painful spots on my face, fuzzy head I am not getting anywhere with bowel movements or getting rid of the bloating.

Any ideas? Is the mastic that needs changing to another brand?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

after all your trials, do you think your H. pylori may still be there? if it is still there, maybe the simple solution is to get rid of it.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”