Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Started Antibiotics Today

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

AvaBlue89

Started Antibiotics Today

Post by AvaBlue89 »

HI. I have started my antibiotics today to eradicate the h pylori infection. I'm taking nexium, amoxicillin and clarithomycin. I'm backed up and haven't gone to the bathroom in almost 4 days. I was wondering if it is safe to take miralax if I am currently on these meds. My stomach is always bloated and the food seems to sit there. I don't know what to do. Please, some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Yesterday I had a gastric emptying test done but the results came back that I am digesting food normally. How can this be when I have a tight knot in my stomach all the time, feels like a rock is just sitting in my stomach and constant bloat??? My back even hurts from it and I have bad posture now, find myself stooping a little. I've had an upper endoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy and nothing out of the ordinary was seen by the gi doc other than I tested positive for h pylori and that my stomach was distended and had more mucosa than normal. However I don't think they looked at my entire stomach but IDK, I'm not a doctor. Is it ok for me to take a laxative if I'm currently taking these antibiotics (it's for 10 days.) I also want to know if I should get a ct scan on my stomach and pelvis? I talked with a family member and she said she doesn't think I need that, just do it as a last resort. IDK.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Started Antibiotics Today

Post by Helico_expert »

sorry for the late reply. there is not drug drug interaction between miralax and the antibiotics. you should be able to take them together. if you are worried, you can take your antibiotics 2 hrs after the miralax. Or perhaps can try prune that encourage bowel movement.

anjum

Re: Started Antibiotics Today

Post by anjum »

Hi, aveblue 89 , i just want to tell you i was on same position, two month ago, what ever i was eating i was feel like its stay in stomach hours and hours , but i was notice even not eat any thing feel bit same so this is the gass full the stomach whiuch we feel food still in there , i was feel same way its bloated, now as time pass its not feel not like that much , but still feel bit gass but not like thgat much when i was finish antibiotic, was drinking every day peperment and green tea and DGL tablets , and still now make cup tea and put DGL in my tea , its help me alot to repair my stomach , beascuse of too much gass we feel pain in back some time on chest even every where, so it will take time , i know this is most difficult time when you feel you cant digest any thing , like stomach not working at all, but you will be alright , god bless you, and takecare

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”