Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Are anxiety and depression caused by an infection?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

joeygodalla

Are anxiety and depression caused by an infection?

Post by joeygodalla »

I am posting this in the hope that it might stimulate a new direction of research into anxiety and depression. Having observed my wife suffer anxiety and depression and the infections that sometimes accompany her worst episodes, I am convinced that anxiety and depression are caused by a pathogen. The most compelling evidence for this is as follows: Three years ago my wife (a physically healthy woman but chronic sufferer of treatable depression, anxiety and panic) had a successful double mastectomy for breast cancer which required no further treatment. During the week leading up to the operation, and during the seven week recovery period after the operation she had absolutely no depression or anxiety when she and everyone who knew her expected her anxiety to significantly worsen. Normally it worsens when any bad news arrives, and even when friends or relatives are ill. But during her preparation and recovery phase she was emotionally stable and even mildly happy. Indeed she reported having an inner strength she'd never believed possible, and felt like "she had a backbone of iron" - her words. Friends and family remarked on her sudden strength too. The interesting point here is that during that eight week period she was given large doses of antibiotic and antiviral and anti fungal drugs. Once she stopped the regime, her mood remained good for a while then returned to its previous state.

Last year she went 6 months feeling happy and confident and normal in every respect for no obvious reason. Then in late December she began feeling mildly anxious, which increased to full blown panic attacks by January. In early February she experienced urinary stinging and blood in her urine, which was treated as a UTI with antibiotics. The symptoms disappeared after two days. Her mood improved slightly then deteriorated quickly until a second UTI presented 2 weeks later with fever and stinging. It too was treated with antibiotics. The UTI symptoms disappeared and her mood improved slightly then worsened again to deep depression and nearly continuous panic. Three days ago she began shaking with fever, was very confused and feeling freezing cold. Her temperature was measured as 40 degrees C by the ambulance medics, and she spent the past two nights in hospital where she was treated with intravenous antibiotics, and returned home with another course of oral antibiotic. Her mood during the periods when the UTI presents itself is like a "concentrated version" of her background mood. This leads me to wonder if the UTIs (traditionally regarded as merely a woman's burden because of poorly arranged anatomy) are merely opportunistic infections riding on the back of an underlying as-yet undiscovered pathogen that is causing chronic low mood, not just in her but in the millions of other women (and men) world wide. The fact she was so good when her system was bombarded with anti viral, anti fungal and antibiotic drugs is strong indicator that a pathogen (or combination of pathogens) is the root cause of the anxiety and depression.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Are anxiety and depression caused by an infection?

Post by Helico_expert »

I am sorry to hear what happened to your wife. I have to admit that anxiety and depression are very difficult to understand. I know via patient's story that if they constantly worried about their health, they can go into anxiety and worsen their symptoms. I suppose it's very difficult not to worry when you strongly believe that your health is not in a good shape.

Nevertheless, is there a pathogen that produce "chemicals" that drive people into depression? I think it is a very interesting concept. At least there are studies that showed interaction between pathogen and human behavior.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 203240.htm
Toxoplasma is a common 'cat parasite', and has previously been in the spotlight owing to its observed effect on risk-taking and other human behaviours.
Hopefully when technology advanced, we'll be able to understand better how pathogen interact with one's mood.

Alohadance

Post by Alohadance »

I've seen first It's really amazing.

ผลบอลสด
Last edited by Alohadance on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eric34

Post by Eric34 »

It is a sad story. I also agree that the reason behind anxiety and depression is quite hard to understand. But acupuncture treatment can really help in reducing anxiety. Please visit a TCM Mississauga center for its treatment!

Chookie

Post by Chookie »

I'm sorry to hear about your wife's health troubles, I myself suffer from crushing G.A.D - general anxiety disorder and panic attacks. I have palpitations, excessive sweating and an irritable bladder of all things (i'm female by the way!). I had to double my intake of anxiety meds lately as it all got too much for me.

I've just started to take supplements after diagnosing myself with H.pylori and today I haven't had any of the banging heart in my chest that I get every hour of every day, it has been said that parasitic stomachs that have fermentation issues - ones that are not acidic enough from the pylori making it an alkaline one - can cause psychological symptoms such as anxiety and depression.

mariaanast

Post by mariaanast »

That's really a sad story, anxiety and depression in a women can lead to dangerous diseases, especially during periods this can affect more. I hope your wife is better now. Regular exercise can help in dealing with depression, try to keep her more busy with social activities and meet friends, being around with people will make her feel less depressed. With the doctor recommendation you may also tell her to use cup menstruelle during her periods, so that she is more relax and comfortable.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”