Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Too scared to sleep

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Syd

Too scared to sleep

Post by Syd »

HI all,

Just a quick rundown on my story ,

I am a nearly 53 year old woman from Australia and I feel looking back that I have had active symptoms since Jan 14 but may have had short bursts of symptoms before hand . In Jan 14 I got ill with a gastro? bug and then noticed about every month or so after that and always at night I would get the fuzzy head, anxious feelings, burping!!! enough to run a small country at times I am sure , nausea , sometimes pain in the stomach area or further up like trapped wind, some bowel problems and just generally feeling like crap that would last most of the night .I had a very stressful year one way and another and put it all down to that , then in Dec 14 I met a relative who lives away from here and she told me of the same thing and she had been diagnosed with HP so I went to my gp and had the breath test and yup , so went on PPI , Nexium 40mg was better but still had break through episodes so went back two weeks ago and got prescribed Clarithromycin and
Amoxicilin ,not sure of the doses, and another PPI Rani 300mg. and so have just completed the 2 courses of each AB while taking both PPI's and am still taking the PPI's on GP instructions . I had a break through episode whilst taking the AB's of all of the above symptoms and also if the disease did not kill me the cure might have as the AB'S just made me so terrible but I persevered. the last 3 nights are the best I have felt for a long time as it had gotten to the point where I was too scared to sleep as I knew there would be a chance I could wake up feeling as per above . So today I took the last AB's and I am still burping but maybe not as much and I do feel better just the last three days but still am anxious about the nights :(

I have also cut caffeine out of my diet and all gassy drinks , I only drink decaf tea or water now which is a bit sad but necessary I feel, and I am avoiding spicy foods etc but I would say I am not very diet wary otherwise and really no one food seems to bring it on just more the drinks ,. I do drink a lot of water . Anyway I am hoping that things will improve from now and that I might get some sleep with out fear of what I might wake up to ,I think i need to build up my confidence again

will update in a few weeks OH I nearly forgot , I was taking a probiotic Inner Health Plus but stopped last Dec when I got really bad, should I take it again now that the AB's are finished or ?? Imput would be great

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Too scared to sleep

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

sorry to hear what happened to you. But I think you are given the right treatment. I am glad to hear that you have 3 good nights and hope that you'll continue having them. However, I have to remind you that anxiety may worsen your gastric problem. So, try to gather positive thoughts and distract yourself from thinking about your stomach problem. Finish the antibiotics, continue PPI if required, then arrange a follow up breath test with your GP. We need to confirm the H. pylori eradication, then focus on the recovery.

in regards to probiotics and inner health, there has been mixed info here and there. But, since it is not doing harm, you can continue taking them. There wont be interaction between your probiotics and the antibiotics.

Syd

Post by Syd »

Thanks for replying, it has been nearly a month since I finished the AB's and am still taking nexium 40mg at night . started the probiotic again and after reading some posts here I am taking charcoal 1 capsule , at night after dinner , I have had 3 episodes at night since and last Sunday morning I woke up feeling dreadfully nauseated after a good nights sleep and felt like vomiting but couldnt , I ate a dry biscuit and had some mylanta and returned to bed to wake up ok about 1.5 hrs later although I did burp so much after so I am thinking it was wind build up again So there is my problem .... I am still getting bloating and wind build up which causes nausea and discomfort and fuzzy head etc and just generally feeling like crap . I am reluctant to go off the Nexium at night for now so no point having a breath test atm ... do I carry on as I am or ?? risk going off the nexium , and I am now getting to the point where I dread going to bed which I know is not helping me as you said but it is hard to not worry how I will sleep and if I will be unwell again during the night , it is so awful when it comes on though and that is why I feel anxious . I am off all foods and drinks that might cause a problem and only eating mince chicken or fish , as meat of any kind seems to make it worse I think ??? I am so over this . I may have to head back to the GP again , is there another test I can have to see if it still present and not go off the PPI's

Thanks in advance

Syd

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi,

Unfortunately there is no other test that you can do without risking false negative while having nexium. you can follow this guideline to choose the right acid blocker before breath test. for example, switch to Zantac for 7 days prior the breath test.

http://www.helico.com/PYtest_guide_2013.pdf

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”