Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

H Pylori Diagnosis

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

AvaBlue89

H Pylori Diagnosis

Post by AvaBlue89 »

Hi. I'm a 26-year-old female who has been recently diagnosed with the h pylori infection. I realized I wasn't feeling too well about a month and a half ago, so I went to the ER. After describing my symptoms, the doctor said I might possibly have a stomach ulcer or hemorrhoids. I was hooked up to an IV because I was dehydrated. She gave me a 14-day supply of Omeprazole 40mg, and told me to go see a GI doctor right away to figure out what was going on with me. The GI doctor examined me but felt like there was nothing of concern, until I told him that I had lost weight from my digestive problems. He then scheduled an upper endoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy for me. After the procedures, I was given the report: Other than an increased amount of mucus, the mucosa appears normal. More fluid than typically seen in the stomach. Also, stomach more distended than usual. Basically, they didn't find anything problematic. No ulcer, no hemorrhoids. The GI doctor told me to have a gastric emptying study to see if my food was digesting properly. He thought slow metabolism could be the problem. However, several days later they found that I had an h pylori infection after taking some biopsies of me during the procedure. Now I'm scheduled to see the GI doctor in a few days for treatment. Here are my symptoms:

--bloat, tight knot in upper stomach that never goes away, even when I haven't eaten
--chronic cough
--weight loss (can't eat, lost over 10 lbs in one month. I'm 5'8", 108 lbs. Yeah, this is distressing to me)
--food not digesting properly, seems to just sit in my upper stomach just under my chest
--getting full fast
--tender spot under my sternum when I press on it, especially after I've eaten
--irregular bowel movements (loose stools/hard stools)
--bloody stool (It was a lot the first time, then it went away. However, I'm constipated and backed up now so when I tried to go the blood came back, but just strains of it)
--light-headed, mild upper back pain from bad posture do to the tight pressure in my upper stomach
--sore tight throat, feels constricted sometimes (this went on for a couple of days, but then went away. idk if it's because of my anxiety)
--shortness of breath/shallow breathing
--gurgling stomach/ lots of liquid in my stomach (I hear it swishing around every time I change position)
--constant belching
-- when I urinate, it's in short bursts (feels like i didn't get all of it out, hard to explain)
--Can't seem to take deep breaths without feeling the tight knot
--mild burning sensation around the anus, also mild pain (I think this is because I've recently been straining to have a bowel movement)

Once again, I've had the upper endoscopy and flex sig, and nothing was found when they looked with the camera. No ulcer or anything problematic, just the h pylori infection when they took some biopsies. I hope I don't have stomach cancer, I know I probably don't but I do suffer from anxiety and depression, take meds for it. I see a psychiatrist and therapist. I don't think it's anxiety related though, as I now know that I have the h pylori infection. I just can't seem to stop thinking about what's wrong with me. I would like some insight to this, some feedback. So please feel free to respond. I'm quite miserable now. Can't eat, can't go to the bathroom properly, can't work out, constant worrying, anxiety attacks, weight loss...I'm veiny now but I try to drink 2-3 bottles of water a day to stay hydrated but even drinking a few sips of water fills me up quickly and makes my stomach uncomfortable. I know I have gotten the upper endoscopy and flex sig procedures two weeks ago to rule this out, but I keep thinking of hiatus hernia, gall bladder or liver problems. I don't see how this could pertain to me since I'm young, relatively healthy, I work out regularly (I don't work out now 'cause I feel too weak), don't drink, don't eat junk food, soda or juice, don't eat fried foods or red meat, no sugar either. I'm a healthy eater so I'm quite surprised that I'm having digestive problems... Now my diet consists of plain baked fish, saltine crackers, spinach, baked sweet potato, applesauce and sometimes wheat bread...so yes I'm completely miserable. Please, some responses would be nice. :)

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: H Pylori Diagnosis

Post by Helico_expert »

Hi, thank you for sharing your story, especially the very detailed symptoms you are experiencing. I read through your story and cant stop feeling that your digestive problem is more to do with anxiety than H. pylori. Of course, H. pylori is related to most of the digestive symptoms, but other symptoms like IBS, shortness of breath, lack of energy and perhaps fatigue syndrome, I think they are more to do with anxiety.

There is a story I always tell. We did a human trial experiment a while ago. We gave our volunteers some H. pylori to drink. one group was given the real deal and the other group was given the placebo. It was a double blind study so nobody knows what was given to the volunteers. One week after the inoculation, one subject experienced severe gastric problem. Vomit and in great pain. He was admitted to emergency in the middle of the night and was given all antibiotics to make sure whatever is in the stomach is eradicated. We were very worried at that time as nobody knows what's going on. Several months later, at the end of the trial, the mystery was unfolded. This volunteer was given the placebo. he was under so much stress that he developed all the H. pylori symptoms. It was a very interesting study.

In addition, now that H. pylori is gradually being eradicated. We are facing more and more non-h. pylori related gastric diseases. People who are nervous or under a lot of mental stress, often ends up with stomach butterfly or burping. We have seen many cases like this and they are all H. pylori negative and have a perfect healthy looking stomach. So, mental does play an important role in stomach problem.

Since you are young and healthy, plus endoscopy found no problem in your stomach, I think you should try distract yourself from the stomach problem. The less you think about it, the better. Just take the antibiotics and wait for a month, go for a follow up breath test to confirm the eradication. Then focus on the recovery.

meanwhile, perhaps you can see a dietitian or immunologist to find out if you are allergic to certain food. perhaps they are the culprit that gives you the digestive problems.

AvaBlue89

Post by AvaBlue89 »

Helico_expert wrote:Hi, thank you for sharing your story, especially the very detailed symptoms you are experiencing. I read through your story and cant stop feeling that your digestive problem is more to do with anxiety than H. pylori. Of course, H. pylori is related to most of the digestive symptoms, but other symptoms like IBS, shortness of breath, lack of energy and perhaps fatigue syndrome, I think they are more to do with anxiety.

There is a story I always tell. We did a human trial experiment a while ago. We gave our volunteers some H. pylori to drink. one group was given the real deal and the other group was given the placebo. It was a double blind study so nobody knows what was given to the volunteers. One week after the inoculation, one subject experienced severe gastric problem. Vomit and in great pain. He was admitted to emergency in the middle of the night and was given all antibiotics to make sure whatever is in the stomach is eradicated. We were very worried at that time as nobody knows what's going on. Several months later, at the end of the trial, the mystery was unfolded. This volunteer was given the placebo. he was under so much stress that he developed all the H. pylori symptoms. It was a very interesting study.

In addition, now that H. pylori is gradually being eradicated. We are facing more and more non-h. pylori related gastric diseases. People who are nervous or under a lot of mental stress, often ends up with stomach butterfly or burping. We have seen many cases like this and they are all H. pylori negative and have a perfect healthy looking stomach. So, mental does play an important role in stomach problem.

Since you are young and healthy, plus endoscopy found no problem in your stomach, I think you should try distract yourself from the stomach problem. The less you think about it, the better. Just take the antibiotics and wait for a month, go for a follow up breath test to confirm the eradication. Then focus on the recovery.

meanwhile, perhaps you can see a dietitian or immunologist to find out if you are allergic to certain food. perhaps they are the culprit that gives you the digestive problems.

Thanks for the advice. Much needed!! I'll give an update after my GI appointment. :)

Craig7

Post by Craig7 »

I was just wonder if your shortness of breathe ever went away after treatment ? I have almost the exact same symptoms you did! Thank you!

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”