Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Whats helped me after therapy...

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Momin890

Whats helped me after therapy...

Post by Momin890 »

Hi,
I just wanted to post because when I was in the thick of it and feeling at my worst, I was constantly trying to find positive stories and advice.

I was first diagnosed with Helicobacter in 1999 but I think I had it in 1994 too. I was given the antibiotics but didn't take them because the Dr had correctly warned me I would feel rubbish and to choose my moment. Well that never happened as I felt better and got on with my life. Then 2010 I had severe indigestion and was diagnosed again and this time took the Triple therapy. I then started having heartburn, the indigestion had moved into my chest and I was again told that the helicobacter was still there but had moved up my digestive tract. I was advised to do the quadruple therapy but felt so awful after the triple that I decided against it. I just took Nexium and then slowly came off it and had a few lovely years with just the odd crackle of heartburn that was quickly crushed by a couple of days worth of nexium, normally just 20mg.
Then Oct 2014 it crept back and the nexium just wouldn't shift it. I had agonising heartburn. I took the quadruple course of antibiotics. Its no fun and very gradually I have felt a bit better. I have since learnt that the Helicobacter has gone but I did have an endoscopy because I was still always on the verge of heartburn. I am now down to 20mg of nexium and have chest pains.
I have taken a good course of probiotics and that did make me feel better. The most dramatic improvement has come from taking charcoal tablets after each meal. This really helps the chest pains and they come back when I stop. I'm still exhausted in the evening but I'm starting to get back to my sports and have found that I can tolerate some Cider! I have stopped drinking Tea, coffee and red wine (I love them all) as they are all triggers.I am trying to reduce dairy but find it hard to stop wheat. I also downloaded a meditation app and try and do 10mins in morning and 10 in the evening before I go to sleep. It makes you feel refreshed and I will do anything to get my full strength back. I'll post again if I find anything else that helps.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Whats helped me after therapy...

Post by Helico_expert »

Thank you for sharing your very nice story. I think you should check if you are still H. pylori, even though you are feeling better now. As we know H. pylori is the root of the problem. Treating the symptom is not good enough. Only when you know H. pylori is out of your system, then you can focus on the recovery of your stomach and getting the life you want back.

Just my thought.

Momin890

Post by Momin890 »

Hi

The helicobacter has gone, I did mention this in my post but appreciate that I have gone on a bit!

I am still having symptons even though it's been a few months but I feel that I am getting better. Nexium in the morning and Charcoal after food.

Best wishes

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

congratulation that you have eradicated your H. pylori. Seems like you are one of those lucky ones that had it eradicated with ease.

Anyway, also glad to hear that you are recovering well. Nexium and Charcoal seems like a good combination.

AndrewLRose

Post by AndrewLRose »

Momin890 wrote:Hi

The helicobacter has gone, I did mention this in my post but appreciate that I have gone on a bit!

I am still having symptons even though it's been a few months but I feel that I am getting better. Nexium in the morning and Charcoal after food.

Best wishes
Congratulation! It's lucky of you. Nexium in the morning and Charcoal after food is really a great combination. Take care of you.

Regards,

-----------------------------
http://alphafuelxtsupplement.com/

andreamartinez

Post by andreamartinez »

It's good to know you had a successful therapy. Your doctor helped you a lot. Of course with your discipline it worked so well. I searched natural ways that could benefit after therapy, my husband tried fruit juices only to aide his digestion. calamondins fruit helped him for his food digestions. more fact about-- http://www.purenutritionfacts.com/calamondins-fruit. I even asked our doctor about it before drinking for additional health awareness.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”