Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

Still burping after triple therapy normal? Please help!!!

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Ltb

Still burping after triple therapy normal? Please help!!!

Post by Ltb » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Hi
Just finished triple therapy and i have to say i dont feel that different. Im still burping a lot even on empty stomach. I was diagnosed just over a week ago with a peptic ulcer and gastritis. Doctor said i must have h pylori as ive been having chronic acid burps for 7 months. This is really my main constant symptom aswell as heartburn. Anyway ive just finished the antibiotics and only side effects were watery diarreah really not too bad. My real worry is ive not noticed improvement yet and now have to take omeprazole for the remaining 3 weeks to heal the ulcer.

Should i still be having burping after triple therapy? Does it mean i still have h pylori? Anyone have a similar situation regarding the burps? Please help im freaking out!!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Still burping after triple therapy normal? Please help!!

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:56 am

I just replied someone else in regard to the burping.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=204573

I would suggest you wait for a month and do a follow up breath test to check if the treatment is successful.

In regards to the burping, it depends on individual. For most people, the burping will gradually go away (within a month). For a minority, the burping continues for unknown reason.

Ltb

Post by Ltb » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:32 am

Hi ive just been told by a pharmacist that the burping should have stopped during the triple therapy. She said that the h pylori make "wind" and yhat is whats causing the burping!! If this is true i must still have it? Anyone got any views on this?

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:40 am

based on what I observed, it's not always the bacteria's fault on the "wind". we shallowed a lot of "wind" unintentionally too. As the stomach is "moving", it creates air bubbles too.

I think your stomach is the the recovering mode. Hopefully your burping will subside in the next few weeks. Also, remember to do a followup breath test after a month.

Ltb

Post by Ltb » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:35 am

Thanks. Are there lots of people on here who gave burping continuing for a few weeks then? My burps have always been constant small burps all through the day. Sometimes i get out of bed and do 5 or 6 burps then have a glass of water more burps. When not on ppi drugs each burp would be acidic causing heartburn. Doctors just thought it was gerd but i knew it wasnt. Burping and weird tasting burps have been my main symptom until i got the ulcer!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:09 am

It's almost a week after you completed your treatment. Have to wait another 3 weeks without PPI to check if the treatment is successful. Have you tried any thing to ease the burping? like ginger or mint? You may try infaco which is given to baby to ease the burping.

adneycandy

Post by adneycandy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:08 pm

Doctors just thought it was gerd but i knew it wasnt. Burping and weird tasting burps have been my main symptom until i got the ulcer!

== solitaire online ==
Last edited by adneycandy on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:40 am

sounds awful. But gerd has relatively risk. if it happened too frequently, its better you take some H2 blocker to control it until you are ready for the next breath test.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”