Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

New Here and Needing Some Advice...

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

Laurite13

Re: New Here and Needing Some Advice...

Post by Laurite13 »

That's a good question.

I had my biopsy done a few weeks ago so I'm thinking it's too late. I figure that would be the only way they could test for that. I will ask my doctor when I speak with him within the next 24 hours or so. I also figured he didn't bother doing that test during the endoscopy knowing that I had already taken a few different kinds of antibiotics, hence he went straight for the BQT Quadruple therapy.

I do feel pretty confident that it was the Tetracycline that caused the reaction now because I took Tinidazole in the past with no issue so it couldn't really be an allergy to Metronidazole I don't think.

I am running out of options here though and do need to start something soon.

Laurite13

Post by Laurite13 »

So I talked withe the doc today. No chance for sensitivity testing right now. We are going to try a form of sequential therapy. Amox and Omep bid for 5 days then 5 days of Clari and Tinidazole bid. God I pray this works.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you had tried clarithromycin and tinidazole (or metronidazole). I doubt it will work. Our clinic only look into patients who failed the triple therapy. almost all of them are resistant to clarithromycin and 60% of them to metronidazole.

Nevertheless, antibiotic resistant profile is different from country to country. Your doctor probably know the antibiotic resistant profile best in your region. All the best to your treatment and keep us posted.

Laurite13

Post by Laurite13 »

So here is what I have learned....

Sequential therapy is proven more effective in general than standard triple therapy in all cases except ones where there is a strain that is resistant to both Clarithromycin AND Tinidazole. But actually if the strain is resistant to only one of those it is still more efficient than standard triple.

I actually didn't fail the standard triple therapy technically because I was allergic and didn't make it past the first day to due to allergy to tetracycline in Pylera.

I never took Clarithromycin but took Azythromycin and this does not necessarily mean my strain is now resistant to Clari because of their molecular differences. I have taken Tinidazole but this does not present to be much of a problem to overcome because simply adding more overrides this resistance.

Also, I have been taking Vitamin C, Vitamin E, N-Acetyl Cysteine, Bismuth, Probiotics and Lactoferrin. All of these components have also been shown in many studies to greatly increase chances of eradication AND reduce adverse side effects.

I have been on the Amoxicillin (and these other supplements) for 3 days now and have had no adverse affects at all. I hope it continues when it comes time to add the Clarithromycin and Tinidazole.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

i will be interested to know your treatment outcome. Please keep us posted.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”