Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin at Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com. In the subject, please use "Help needed for www.helico.com"

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum?
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
The 5th Chinese Helicobacter treatment consensus
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

If you are confirmed with H. pylori, in your convenient time, please help us with the symptoms survey that you are experiencing.
Symptoms survey
(contributed by frostyfeet)

此网站免费然您阅读。若想分享心得或提问,请先注册
若有困难注册,请联络站长 Marshall.centre(at)gmail(dot)com。标题请用 "Help needed for www.helico.com"
此网站不允许打广告。我们欢迎任何的讨论。但尽量不要推销没医学根据的网站,商品或治疗方案。
此网站是非盈利网站。我们会尽最大能力提供任何有关幽门螺杆菌的讯息。您的捐款可以让我们继续帮助更多的病人。

指南
如何贴文?
欧洲幽门螺杆菌治疗共识 5
第五次全国幽门螺杆菌感染处理共识报告
用药后,多久以后可以再做吹气测试?

Can you have H. Pylori if the blood test is negative??

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: barjammar, Toni

billd75

Re: Can you have H. Pylori if the blood test is negative??

Post by billd75 »

Helico_expert wrote:Thank you for sharing your very interesting story. Always excited in reading people being passionate in healthy lifestyle. Perhaps you can donate a packet of cigarette money here now and then. That would be a good way to cut down your cigarette.
:)

I just may do that, but it looks like I will need that money to buy stop smoking aids to help me with "weaning off" the smokes. Those things are no cheaper than smokes. Lol! If I have a few bucks to spare I definitely will.

"I am going to give you random information that you may find helpful.
Nuts and peas can increase your uric acid, which ultimately give you gout."

Yes, my Dr. suggested this as a possible cause too. Problem is it is not completely true in my case. Allow me to explain. I like Peanuts, cashews etc. however, nuts are actually very low in purines. Organ meats and red meat or rich meats and alcohol contain FAR more purines than nuts. 200mg for rich meats as opposed to 50mg of purines for a handful of nuts. Henry the 8th had wicked Gout. So painful a breeze over his foot could cause him great pain. He also was a glutton who drank like a fish and ate whole sides of beef. Lol. It is not nuts or even rich meats causing my gout, but more related likely to how uric acid is created from poor sugar metabolism in the kidneys. H.Pylori uses sugar in very unique ways. One way is to create a protein with sugar to attract your immune cells and then send them after your own gut. A nasty trick indeed! I'm totally serious, check it out! http://www.genomenewsnetwork.org/articl ... _bug.shtml
Even Probiotics are not effective for H.Pylori as some people might think they are. They do the same thing. Attract an immune response and send the immune cells away from themselves. H.Pylori is surprisingly smart. Vitamin D kills it, so it shuts down Vitamin D production. Intelligent isn't it? Anything that can kill it or hurt it, it thwarts. That's why it is such a tough bug to get rid of. This is a similar reason that PPI therapy us not that effective either. Reducing stomach acid allows bacteria to grow. Proton Pump Inhibitors offer relief, but are actually counter intuitive. Zantac (Ranitidine) is the preferred acid reducer for H.Pylori, but again, it has th same similar problem of letting stomach bacteria multiply. All the PPI does is prevent the bug from turning as much stomach acid into Ammonia, thereby reducing pain/discomfort/ acid-ammonia conversion. Bet you didn't know that I knew H.Pylori that well did you? I don't know if I actually have it, but the symptoms are a match and I have got to know this bug very well.

"NSAIDs reduce your stomach mucous. Hence your stomach acid start digesting your own stomach/duodenum, which ultimately gives you ulcers. Paracetamol on the other hand have no such side effect. Perhaps you want to switch to Paracetamol instead."

Yes, I have found recently that this is true. Thank you for explaining it to me though! I did not know why? All I knew, was that Ibuprofen was harder on my stomach recently and that Acetaminophen was not. I did not know that Paracetamol was it's true name. Lol. Thank's Wikipedia!

"salty food can make your stomach mucous watery. So bacteria can swim better. the stomach mucous is extremely sticky in acidic condition. Even H. pylori cannot swim around. But H. pylori can produce alkaline to make it less viscous. So it can swim away from acid."

Very interesting! I did not know this either?! O.k. So making my system more alkaline will not help with H.Pylori (if that is what I have) like it does with other bugs, like Candida right? It likes Alkaline conditions. Got it. Makes perfect sense because it turns stomach acid into Ammonia (which indirectly causes uric acid also by the way and can cause Gout.) Look up the connection between H.Pylori and Gout and you will see what I mean.

"vitamins are good. but overdosing anything good will just turn bad. So remember not to overdose anything.
Indeed. I have a lot of home remedies that keep this"mystery" illness under control, but I am careful not to over do anything and careful how I mix different things too. I always thoroughly research everything I take. I have even ceased taking things that do not help as well as others. I wish I knew what was wrong.
Last edited by billd75 on Thu May 28, 2015 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

you can almost get a PhD in helicobacter.

Just want to correct some of your concept on H. pylori.

H. pylori destroy stomach cells directly via toxin secretion or indirectly via attracting immune cells to get nutrients.

when the stomach cells are damaged, then they produce less mucous.

When there is less mucous protection, the acid start having contact with the stomach cells and create even more damage. ultimately, it comes ulcer or internal bleeding.

Of course the stomach cells will try to regenerate to fix the damage all the time. and when that one new cell makes a mistake and become a cancerous cell, then starts the snowball effect going down hill.

billd75

Post by billd75 »

Helico_expert wrote:you can almost get a PhD in helicobacter.

Just want to correct some of your concept on H. pylori.

H. pylori destroy stomach cells directly via toxin secretion or indirectly via attracting immune cells to get nutrients.

when the stomach cells are damaged, then they produce less mucous.

When there is less mucous protection, the acid start having contact with the stomach cells and create even more damage. ultimately, it comes ulcer or internal bleeding.

Of course the stomach cells will try to regenerate to fix the damage all the time. and when that one new cell makes a mistake and become a cancerous cell, then starts the snowball effect going down hill.
LMAO! I do know this bug quite well. Even though I may or may not have it. It is one of the most fascinating bacteria I have ever read about, so it kept me very interested. All I kept saying the more I leaned about it was, "Really?" "No way!" and "Oh my God!". It is one of the most hearty, adaptable and evolved bacteria I have ever heard about. Thank you for correcting/fine tuning my knowledge of the way it "really" acts in the stomach. I knew I had the general idea, but with your extra details, I now know that it is even worse than I thought. If it is this bug, I would be willing to try antibiotics and even the dual or triple or quad therapy that is recommended for this. As hellish as it sounds. Natural cures help and some work very well at "controlling" the numbers/bug. However, I have found after much research that what you said in an earlier post about natural stuff not "eradicating" it, is surely true. This bug does not get eradicated that easily. It is not the common cold that can be cured in 3-4 days with something like Oil of Oregano (which I have done by the way). This thing pretty much laughs in the face of anything, including antibiotics. That's why multiple antibiotics are needed to treat it. Now that, is HARDCORE! The problem is that the Dr. is skeptical that my problem is H.Pylori (even though I think a little differently) so I can't get my hands on antibiotics to try. Probably not a good idea to either without more proof that it is this bug. So I tend to agree. I am just frustrated with trying to cure this problem naturally, frustrated at Dr.'s and frustrated with pain and I want this thing gone. Seems like a common feeling with people who have stomach issues. I feel the pain of the people who post here. I really do. I wish you all well in this forum!

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Because of your great interest, i am going to tell you two more information.

The reason natural remedy doesnt work is mainly because they dont get to reach H. pylori like antibiotics. H. pylori not only just hide underneath the thick mucous barrier, it also hide in between two cells (we call it the tight junction); hide underneath stomach cells; and sometimes, inside immune cells (eg. macrophages). As long as the natural remedy doesnt get into the blood stream and attack H. pylori from behind enemy line, there is no way such natural product can completely eradicate H. pylori.

some people with some undefined skin diseases, because the doctor cannot identify the cause of the skin disease, it's never treated properly. And these people can suffer from this skin disease for years. So a few years ago, it happened that some of these people had their skin disease cured after H. pylori antibiotic treatment. So there was a period where people thought H. pylori is associated with skin diseases. But it turns out that the skin disease is actually caused by an unknown bacteria and the massive antibiotics for H. pylori treatment cured them in the same time.

Akshay11

Post by Akshay11 »

This is really good news.I can suggest you something. If you fit your health, you should eat good food like banana, papaya, etc. Which food is not oily, you can take this.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH »

Hello,

Can you tell me if blood test can be negative for h pylori because I was taking proton pump inhibitors as omeprazole ?

Then I should do the test again after stopping pills, or better do the breath test ?

Thank you so much for the great forum !

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

Blood test cannot and will not be affected by PPI.

Blood test is usually very sensitive and can produce C-E false positive especially after treatment.

A negative from blood test is usually true, meaning the patient has not been infected recently.

If you just finished your treatment, you need to wait a month without PPI and use Urea breath test to find out if you are still infected.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH »

Thank you so much. So it's a bit scary because blood test was negative and I feel pain in my stomach.

Can I have gastritis or any stomach problem without having Pylory ? What is the treatment when you have gastritis but no pylori ?

Thank you again.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert »

That’s a good question. In fact, as the prevalence of HP is dropping in developed country, the non HP related gastritis is increasing. In Australia, only about 20% of ppl with gastritis symptoms is because of HP.

For non HP related gastritis, unfortunately there is nothing much we can do other than treating the symptom.

doctors usually prescribe PPI to control the symptoms.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH »

Thank you so much again.

Taking medicines for the rest of my life is not an option for me and should not be for anybody.
So the only solution is to adapt my lifestyle and also eat all the good things that can help protect and repair my stomach ?

I found this:
https://draxe.com/ulcer-symptoms-diet-natural-remedies/
https://napiers.net/stomach-ulcer-diet.html

These remedies are for ulcer, but as they are good for stomach, I guess that they should be followed ?

Sorry to ask but do you have personal experience or more informative links to share ? I am looking for everything natural, as cabbage, aloe vera, etc... Can you confirm that herbs and vegetables can only be good to help someone with stomach problems ?

I am trying to see the good side of this problem: it will push me to have a better lifestyle ! I guess that it's better to adapt than cry later...

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues 热门话题和常见问题”