Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

To reduce SPAM, all post from new members with less than 1 post will require approval from web master.

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.
Contact admin click here

Can you have H. Pylori if the blood test is negative??

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Re: Can you have H. Pylori if the blood test is negative??

Post by Helico_expert » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:05 pm

stomach ulcers are mainly caused by either HP or NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, etc).

if you dont have HP and not taking NSAIDs, it will be very very rare to develop stomach ulcers.

if you are above 50 years old and have been suffering from long term chronic pain in the stomach, it may be a good idea to have endoscopy and ultrasound done. it's usually nothing, but it's good to have a good reference record of your baseline for future comparison.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:29 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:06 am
Blood test cannot and will not be affected by PPI.

Blood test is usually very sensitive and can produce C-E false positive especially after treatment.

A negative from blood test is usually true, meaning the patient has not been infected recently.

If you just finished your treatment, you need to wait a month without PPI and use Urea breath test to find out if you are still infected.

Hello again,

Can you tell me if there is any kind of H pylori self test and where to buy it ?

Cheers.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 pm

Not that I know of. I think it is better you visit a GP and get it done there. So you get to ask the doctor's opinion on the result.

AdvisorExpertH

Post by AdvisorExpertH » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Helico_expert wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:46 pm
Not that I know of. I think it is better you visit a GP and get it done there. So you get to ask the doctor's opinion on the result.

Doctor just told me that I do not need any test but only need to heal my stomach, how possible ? Do you think that a doctor should always check more ?
It's a public hospital in Asia, so maybe not the best choice, but the problem with private hospitals is not only that they are overpriced, but they have the bad reputation to always do what is not necessary but is expensive...

Do you think that I should really visit a private clinic and pay for the test, or should I believe him that I do not need it ?

Thanks again for all...

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:22 am

If you are experiencing gastric symptoms, then you should get a proper check. It's not hard and it's always better to get it cured early.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”