Only registered users are allowed to post. To register, please click here

Should you have any problem in posting, registering, or login, please do not hesitate to contact the admin.

Advertisement is not allowed. While we encourage discussion, please try not to promote your website, goods, or unproven treatment here.

This is a non-profit website. We will try our best to help anyone that has question about H. pylori and their treatment. We shall provide the most accurate answer about H. pylori. You can help us by clicking here to help keep this forum alive.

Some useful guides
How to post in the forum
Management of Helicobacter pylori infection—the Maastricht V/Florence Consensus Report
How long should I wait before doing follow up breath/stool test?

Re-infection...or something else?

New things in the forums might be highlighted here. Take a look at the avatars! Get yourself one, there are hundreds to choose from.

Moderators: Toni, barjammar

LeslieAJ

Re: Re-infection...or something else?

Post by LeslieAJ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:44 am

As far as re-infection, my GI doc said people who are susceptible can definitely get reinfected. Also if others in your family have it and are not treated they can reinfect you. Recent thinking is that it can be transferred by saliva, they are not really sure. The naturalpath thought process on infection is different than the MD in that they people who are susceptible have low stomach acid and therefore are more sucepible to infection as your stomach acid is your first defense against bad bacteria etc.

I would also add that when I went back to my gi with my GI Map results that she said after antibiotics they suggest waiting two months to re- test. There are a lot of ways to get a false negative result.

Paulicapopcorn

Post by Paulicapopcorn » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:21 am

Your story sounds really similar to mine :mrgreen:
I had eradication confirmed with biopsy in November

Every now and then I get a bad period with stomach aches burns fatigue nausea etc but it goes away quickly in less than 3-4 days.

My stomach went through all the possible combinations of pain but right now hunger feels a bit painful and I get a slight pain in the head of the chest after I eat for about 30 mins coupled with burping and rarely acid reflux

I also did a test today and I’m expecting results on Monday.

It just takes a lot of time to heal, it’s been 2 month since I finished antibiotics and I feel much better but I’m still not near like new but I got a lot of patience.

Good luck !

BeatingHPylori

Post by BeatingHPylori » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:02 am

Helico_expert wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:27 pm
reinfection is very rare. unless people living with you has poor hygiene. eg. not brushing teeth and not washing hands after toilet.

if in doubt, you can always get a breath test done to double confirm your HP infection status.
I did another stool test and it came back negative, I guess it may be symptomatic due to the stress of thinking it’s pyloric related again.

Helico_expert
Site Admin

Post by Helico_expert » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:40 pm

Yea, try to relax and think positively. Mental stress can definitely induce some guts problem.

Return to “Hot Topics and Common forum Issues”